Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS, WAS SITTING ON THE BACK PORCH HAVING AN ADULT BEVERAGE AFTER SPENDING THE MORNING WASHING AND POLISHING THE BOAT. HEARD SOME NOISE OUT FRONT AND WHEN I WENT TO CHECK SOME DUMBASS WAS TRYING TO STEAL THE SPARE TIRE OFF THE BOAT. HE HAD NOT SEEN ME SO I WENT IN THE HOUSE, GRABBED MY LITTLE 38 AND WENT BACK OUT SIDE. BY THIS TIME THE BOLT CUTTERS WERE OUT OF THE BLACK, SMALL FORD PICKUP. GOT OFF A COUPLE OF ROUNDS; SCARED THE HELL OUT OF HIM AND HE TOOK OFF GOING WEST. WHITE GUY, GOTTE, AND LITTLE OVAL SUNGLASSES. IF YOU RECOGNIZE THE DISCRIPTION YOU CAN SHOOT HIM FOR ME OR INVITE HIM BACK AND I'LL LAY HIM OUT MYSELF. i'M NOT A BAD PERSON BUT I HATE A THIEF SO CAN HELP HIM GET WHAT HE SO RICHLY DESERVES. I'M UNSURE OF THE LOCAL GUN LAWS SO DID NOT FILE ANY KIND OF REPORT BUT I WILL NOT HESITATE TO DO THIS AGAIN IF THAT SOB COMES BACK. MORAL OF THE STORY; KEEP YOUR STUFF LOCKED AND SECURED. I THINK THIS IS THE SAME GUY THAT TRYED TO STEAL MY JOHN BOAT A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO SO KEEP YOUR EYES OUT FOR HIM.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (22/05/2010)shotgun with 00 buckshot... Preferably 12 gauge. Preferably 3 inch magnums.....
Yep, probably a better choice than a deer rifle, unless the boat is more than 40 or 50 yards from the front porch. A q-beam and .30-06 would be in order then.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Mossberg 500A pump with 6 rounds of 00 Buck 2 3/4" is basically launching balls similar in diameter of your .38 at an energy similar also...

And I also hate a thief... BTW, wild hogs even eat the bones of their food sources...

Brent

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I was just thinking about this, and it just boggles my mind that someone would go through all the effort to steal a SPARE TIRE!

Think about it. How much could they realistically sell it for???

If they put the same amount of effort into a real job, I bet they would make more money.

Do you think you managed to hit the truck with your shots fired??? Should be easy to identify if so.

In retrospect, you should have jumped in his truck and waited. He would have had to either run or else try to fight. Either way, you got his truck and some evidence.....

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Oft in a case like this, sale of said item isn't intended... the guy may have thought his need of a new tire was greater than the rightful owners desire to own a spare...

A fishin' buddy turned crack head (and subsequently run off from my circle of friends) swiped the carb set (newly overhauled) from one of my 70 OMC's and the brand new coil set from the other motor...

He was the only person that knew of these repairs and which motor had what...

I went and pulled them off his motor and assured him that his boat meant nothing to me nor did his life!

Brent

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'M IN THERE WITH THOSE OF YOU THAT RESPONDED. I SHOULD HAVE PUT THE ROUNDS IN HIS TRUCK AND IT WOULD MAKE IT EASY TO I D.

I WAS LOOKING AT CAUTION BECAUSE HE WAS PARKED ON THE ROAD NEXT TO THE BOAT AND I'M NOT SURE OF THE LAW IN THAT CASE. I HAD PLENTY OF WOODS ACROSS THE STREET AND JUST WANTED TO SCARE THE PISS OUT OF HIM SO THAT'S WHY I DID WHAT I DID. ALL THE PURPOSE OF THIS IS TO WARN EVERYONE TO LOCK YOUR STUFF. THE FEW EXTRA SECONDS IT TOOK THIS A HOLE TO GET THE BOLT CUTTERS WAS ALL THE TIME I NEEDED TO PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING. I WAS AMAZED AT THE AUDACITY IT TOOK TO TRY TO GET OF ALL THINGS A SPARE TIRE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY WITH THE OBVIOUS SIGNS THAT SOMEONE COULD BE WATCHING. MAYBE THERE'S GUYS THAT HAVE TO STEAL IN ORDER TO GET THEIR ROCKS OFF. DON'T KNOW, BUT DO KNOW THAT IF THIS GUY SHOWS UP AGAIN IT COULD BE HIS LAST OUTING. I WON'T AIM FOR THE TREES AGAIN.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
If you are in Mississippi, or had been in Mississippi you could layed that POS on the ground without a moment of worry...Thanks to Haley Barbour.:toast

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
good thing you didn't shoot his vehicle or towards him. My bro in law went to jail, lost his seat on the school board, and did an unreal amount of community service (the local papers had a field day with him because he was in public office.) All because he shot the vehicle of 2 guys fishing in his pond way in the country. He had signs posted and had warned these guys before but because he shot his weapon he was the one who got punished. I agree with you in that I despise a thief, but a few seconds can change your life forever...not to mention killing someone because they steal a tire is probably not a just punishment. I hate it for you.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
<table border="0" cellpadding="9" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr id="ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl08_trRow1"><tr id="ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl08_trRow1"><td id="ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl08_tdPostCell1" class="TableCell_Light">Posting using ALL caps means your SHOUTING. Are you SHOUTING?

Turn the cap Lock OFF.
</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
541 Posts
X-Shark (22/05/2010)<table border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=9 width="100%"><tbody><tr id=ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl08_trRow1><tr id=ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl08_trRow1><td id=ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl08_tdPostCell1 class=TableCell_Light>Posting using ALL caps means your SHOUTING. Are you SHOUTING?

Turn the cap Lock OFF.
</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>
C'mon man. For reel. You're gonna bash someone for posting with his caps lock on! What would this forum be without out someone to correct us on our use of the caps lock key!

I know Glenn and I know that he is just raising his voice, but it don't bother me if he wants to shout. This post is most likely about his experience, not you. I think I might get a little excited too if I just fired a gun at some theiving ass dirt bag that apparently just needs to steal some stuff to please himself.Glenn, I have seen a little truck cruising my neighborhood too lately. Can you send me a PM with a description.

·
Kazadius Quantarious
760 Posts
true though, you cant shoot someone while they are fleeing, you would lose in court.

even if someone stole your wallet after pucker punching you, if you shoot while they are fleeing, its no longer a "legal kill"

so he would get a lesser charge than you which is ridiculous

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Best thing to do is what was done to us back in the day. Take a 12 guage shell, Dump the shot out, Add Rock salt & fire away. That will happen only once. If you hit that AS$, He wont ever & I say ever do that again! Bet he wont call the cops or report it but he wont do it again! Thats a burning AS$ ! I wasnt even stealing but I was trespassing on An Old ladys property & she used me as an Example. Done!

·
Registered
170 Posts
jspooney (22/05/2010)good thing you didn't shoot his vehicle or towards him. My bro in law went to jail, lost his seat on the school board, and did an unreal amount of community service (the local papers had a field day with him because he was in public office.) All because he shot the vehicle of 2 guys fishing in his pond way in the country. He had signs posted and had warned these guys before but because he shot his weapon he was the one who got punished. I agree with you in that I despise a thief, but a few seconds can change your life forever...not to mention killing someone because they steal a tire is probably not a just punishment. I hate it for you.

Good informative post, but in my opinion I think it would be a just shooting no matter how much the monetary value. I'm not saying its legal but it should be. I was robbed last year and it still pisses me off. I hate a theif and think they deserve everything they get-

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
saku39 (23/05/2010)true though, you cant shoot someone while they are fleeing, you would lose in court.

even if someone stole your wallet after pucker punching you, if you shoot while they are fleeing, its no longer a "legal kill"

so he would get a lesser charge than you which is ridiculous
I

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
""""IF YOU RECOGNIZE THE DISCRIPTION YOU CAN SHOOT HIM FOR ME OR INVITE HIM BACK AND I'LL LAY HIM OUT MYSELF"""

That is what I am talking about !! If you could have gotten close enough a softball bat or a 9 iron would have been good !!

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Glenn, I am sorry to hear about this, but I am <span style="text-decoration: underline;">VERY CURIOUS as to the law in this situation. I am sure I would have pulled a gun on the guy, and would have told him just to sit tight while I call 911. But can you LEGALLY fire a gun because someone is stealling a spare tire ? Don't you have to prove you were in fear of your life ? Please understand I am not bashing, just wondering what the law is so I will know if this ever happens to me. Anyone ?????????

1 - 20 of 35 Posts