Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know menhadens are good for bait, I've heard about pinfish even though I have never had luck with them, but are atlantic bumpers good for anything?

·
Squid technician
10,487 Posts
The 'ole crazyfish. Most will tell you no. I will tell you hell yes they are.....for certain things. They're an ok bottom bait but really shine for pelagics like tuna, dolphin, etc. They're also my favorite live bait for Tarpon off the beaches.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are they good inshore

The 'ole crazyfish. Most will tell you no. I will tell you hell yes they are.....for certain things. They're an ok bottom bait but really shine for pelagics like tuna, dolphin, etc. They're also my favorite live bait for Tarpon off the beaches.
But will they do any good off bob sykes, or any inshore places around pensacola?

·
Green Eggs And Ham
10,942 Posts
I never touch them I grab them with a towel. I've learned my lesson to many times before with catfish.

Good deal. I remember getting a few in my cast net one day and when I dumped them on the pier, before I could stop him this little boy just grabbed one, I saw his facial expression as he took a huge breath and screamed like I have never heard. I felt so bad for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts