Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone fishing this boat? This seams to be the right fit for me as I love to bass fish/ stand up and sight cast. I will also be inshore fishing for the normal species, but my only concern is the BTB worthyness of what appears to be a perfect fishing rig for me. I'm interested to hear if anyone has tried both the 140 and a hobie pa and your views as to which is best in your opinion.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Have used neither but do have a revo so take this for what it's worth. If you are going to bottom fish offshore I think you will really miss the peddles. It's way way easier holding over a number and dropping. Also same thing to a certain degree inshore. It's nice to have your hands to fish with while maintaining a position. If you're standing up 90% of the time I could see where the peddles wouldn't really matter to you. I would take some rods and demo both before I dropped that kind of cash.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've tried a friends PA14 a few times and it is a BOAT! That said it is made for fishing, you can WALK around that thing. More storage than you know what to do with. Quick for its size, it is heavy... IMHO beach launching will require a $300 cart with the huge tires, a buddy to help carry it or well planed out launching locations. I just got an outback and my big tipping point over the PA was practicality. I don't "have" to have a hitch extender for my short bed truck, it will fit in my front door and how much easier it is to launch at difficult locations. All that aside "once" you are on the water fishing the PA is a dream. Haven't been in an Atak yet but I'm spoiled on pedals now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts