Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the weather finally looked good for a trip on the Gulf with SHUR KETCH II, so we met at Capt. Ed's house on Wed. afternoon to resupply the weight supply.

Terry had a few "fire in the hole" alerts with his oven mitts,

but otherwise, all went smooth and we had a new stash!

The crew met up the next morning at Sherman Cove about 06 and 35 degrees

Ed, Terry, Skip, & myself, along with new SHUR KETCH II Member, Dave

Bait traps were not very good to us - ZERO pins, but we had frozen, so, boat loaded, weather guards up, we shoved off and cut the pass about 07

Plan of attack was to head South to the Edge and load up on football mingo, and off we went.

Passed the USCG coming in

Mingo were hard to find, as well as any other "keepers". Finally settled on a spot, Dave passed around his "lucky" pack of spicy wings, and Bam, Dave lands a nice AJ

I followed up with a Red Grouper

Dave also had some "lucky" cheeze, so Skip participated and then Bam, Skip pulls in another nice AJ and a Gag

Terry and Capt. Ed were the only ones that did not share in the "lucky" treats that Dave offered....and that is all I am going to say about that!

We had our share of sharks, 3 or 4 brought to the surface (one small tiger), cut offs, etc., and a few Red Snapper brought up from 200 feet.

We had our share of misc. species

Made it back before dark and although not our best productive trip, it was GREAT to get out after a month or so and share the day with a great bunch of guys!

Sun going down, the boat and fishedcleaned, we headed home with the makings of a sammich or two and memories of another great day on the water!

Cheers, ya'll :usaflag:letsdrink

·
Registered
549 Posts
Good seeing you all at the edge .I sure know what you mean about the lack of the mingo's, we could not find them either. Maybe next time we can.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
hey,it may not have been a steller day but at least it was a day in the gom doing what we love to do,not in the office doing what we HAVETO DO!! nice report.:clap

·
SaltWaterDave
1,863 Posts
Hey guys thanks for letting me tag along for a great day on the water! We got some fish in the box and had a darn good time doing it. I'm already looking forward to our next trip.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice report. I heard you guys on 68 out there today looking for the mingos. I couldn't find any either. Glad you caught a few and had a good time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
<P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Lucky dogsI had to work!!!!!!!!!! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Super Moderator
29,174 Posts
Ahhhhhh the sunrise was beautiful but COLD......Glad ya'll got out and to catch some of them endangered snapper, man ya'll should be pleased.....That tiger was purty sweet too!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

1 - 9 of 9 Posts