Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Most people look at the confirmed positive cases as an indicator of the spread two weeks ago due to the lag in testing and symptoms.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Antibody tests results are also being counted as new cases, read it a few times now. If that's incorrect prove me wrong.Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Don't confuse us with the facts.

Reactions: DLo

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Antibody tests results are also being counted as new cases, read it a few times now. If that's incorrect prove me wrong.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
While that is true, Florida is not releasing the statistics of the anti body tests. The governor said it would be released weekly, but has not happened yet, most likely because of poor accuracy of those tests so far or it could be political. Who knows?

Edit
I was wrong

Here is the link to the weekly antibody test reporting for Florida.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I keep hearing that the positive antibody tests are being counted as new cases, and I can't find anything that refutes that, if that's true you can just throw all the stats out the window, none of it means anything.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
From the CDC website:
679349489143373726.jpg

Yes, that's right, if you've had a cold in your life there's a good chance you will test positive for COVID19!
So much for accurate testing. They can all take their pandemic, their masks, their vaccine and...................

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Are you not reading your own post? You said it could be political. And on that point, for once I agree wholeheartedly, the whole thing is political!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
MaxP and Catchemall

It looks like you responded to my post of the Channel 3 report. This was about hospitals in the area. I clicked on the website and it is not about antibody tests.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
No we weren't, just looking at the antibody testing differently. We really don't know if Florida is actually counting antibody tests because they are basically hiding the data. What we do know is that antibody testing can be somewhat subjective due to the prevalence of COVID19 in an area where the testie lives. The large majority of testing is not antibody testing so I believe the data still shows a large leap in the spread of the virus in Florida.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am a hospitalist physician at a local hospital.
Two points:
1. One really cannot extrapolate anything meaningful from number of positive cases. However, the PERCENTAGE of positive cases is telling (7.5% in Florida), and that has remained essentially UNCHANGED since we started testing. We have more cases bc we are doing more testing. Period.
2. TRUE: The hospital where I work has seen more COVID patients admitted to the hospital over the past week. I have been in charge of all admissions from 7A-7P for the last 7 days, so I think I am pretty well-informed. Our emergency department has been very busy due to waiting for rapid COVID tests to come back BEFORE we can admit a patient so we know if they need to go to a COVID floor. This has slowed down the ED throughout significantly. However, our overall census is at or very near our NORMAL baseline. We have about 33 COVID positive patients admitted as of this afternoon, and about half of those are not in the hospital bc of COVID.
I hope that helps put some people at ease.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You are correct, the percent positive on Tuesday was 14.57%. Overall, we are around 10% positive for the month of June. So it has increased somewhat over the last month. That data does include many people who were tested multiple times and tested positive multiple times (people are retested every so often until they are negative), which skews the results a little. Admittedly, it also includes people who tested negative initially and later were retested and positive, but this is much less common.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The second graphic I posted from Florida's covid website shows only new cases, not recounts.

·
Super Moderator
12,659 Posts
McSpice, I'm curious of the overall morale of health care workers? Do they seem more worried about the 'second wave' of Covid compared to the first? How was the morale when elective surgeries were stopped?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 125 Posts