Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Call your doctor, tell them you have covid symptoms and you're coming in. See what kind of response you get.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
My 39 year old brother in law has it and he's experiencing fatigue and some chest congestion, he said it just like the flu. My cousins 25 year old fiance has has it and he's only lost his scene of smell of one day and that's it no other symptoms

·
Registered
735 Posts
[RANT]I am so sick of this crap, channel 3 every 10 seconds they say covid. This is all political BS 100%. If you are old, compromised immunity system, diabetes, asthma, then ldo what you can to protect yourself. Just keep sick people out of the old folks homes. Everyone else carry on.[/RANT]
Keep the sick people out of the old folks home? My 90 year old Aunt is in a nursing home, hasn't been able to visit with family in months. Residents are kept away from others. Many do not understand why and if they do, it's gone the next minute.
Maybe you could help her understand why nobody can see or visit her. Maybe help the staff with the whole facility explaining how this is all a hoax.

Masks aren't the catch all. BUT they might slow down the spit and spew coming out of peoples mouths and noses, that their masks, plus distance, plus your mask might prevent you or your children or older relatives from being very sick.
I wear a mask, not just to protect me but out of respect to others that I am around.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,850 Posts
Call your doctor, tell them you have covid symptoms and you're coming in. See what kind of response you get.
I'll ask in the morning. Let us know how many of the tests came back positive.
Bet if you had to pay for the tests, the numbers of available tests would go wayyyy up.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I've got four friends (believe that or not) who tested positive a couple of weeks ago. They're all in their late 60s-early 70s, one is doing chemo. They have zero symptoms.

·
Praedator
9,972 Posts
Don't let the media scare you into thinking that Covid is running rampant and over crowding our hospitals. Our hospitals are operating at normal capacities with only a very small percentage of beds being used for Covid.

105989703_1197363433944729_3371445802755954286_o.jpg
106453567_3895966630474218_944453813385078533_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
This spike in Florida started about two weeks ago. Hospitalizations should start to increase significantly this week and deaths should start spiking the week after if the virus is still as potent as it was in the spring. One thing is for sure, we will know by August. All of my family members who had it in Florida are doing fine. One only lost his sense of taste and smell briefly. He is in his early 70's and very active, always outside. There is more and more data showing vitamin D deficiencies having a large correlation to significant symptoms with this virus so get outside...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
So glad that no one in our group so far has been really effected and most of the reports of friends and family that have it have been mild. I love all you fuckers and though we disagree all the time on things, we all are part of this group and I respect each and every one of you. We all share a love of the outdoors and fishing and I believe no matter what, we would all have a good time fishing together. Do what you feel you have to do to protect your family and I will of course do the same. We will make it through this together.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Id say I more than likely had it from late January through April along with the wife and everyone in the office. Finally went to the walk in clinic and had to wear a mask, never had to before. Tested negative to the flu even though I had the same symptoms. They said something is going around that they weren't sure of. I said what will I get a Z pack? The Dr told me that they weren't allowed too prescribe any at that time nation wide. I hacked crap up for several months. Makes you wonder!!!

·
Registered
9,854 Posts
I agree with some freinds of mine in the medical field; it's likely been around a lot longer than what everyone thinks. Wife and I both had something Nov-Dec that was unlike anything in the past. Basically coughed for 6 weeks! I'd never had a respiratory issue that made me winded while trying to do work or exercise, was strange! Eventually it went away.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I had friends at Shot Show back and January and all the Asian attendees were wearing masks talking about Rona.

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
I had friends at Shot Show back and January and all the Asian attendees were wearing masks talking about Rona.
There was a huge flu-like illness that was spread at SHOT show, several friends of mine got sick, we were supposed to attend but our flight got canceled a week prior and I didn't want to pay double to fly AA. Dodged a bullet I reckon lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Here is some more fresh data for you. Again, just hard numbers. From the PNJ:

Both Escambia and Santa Rosa counties saw a massive spike in COVID-19 cases overnight, combining for a total of 361 new cases in a single day, a 17% increase.

Escambia County increased 250 cases on Tuesday, bringing the total in the county to 1,952 cases — a 15% jump. The media age of infected has dropped to 39.

Santa Rosa County increased 111 cases to reach 593. The majority of the cases – 264 – have in Milton, where residents were successful just hours earlier in demanding the city withdraw the mask mandate Mayor Heather Lindsay ordered on Friday.

·
Super Moderator
19,677 Posts
Here is some more fresh data for you. Again, just hard numbers. From the PNJ:

Both Escambia and Santa Rosa counties saw a massive spike in COVID-19 cases overnight, combining for a total of 361 new cases in a single day, a 17% increase.

Escambia County increased 250 cases on Tuesday, bringing the total in the county to 1,952 cases — a 15% jump. The media age of infected has dropped to 39.

Santa Rosa County increased 111 cases to reach 593. The majority of the cases – 264 – have in Milton, where residents were successful just hours earlier in demanding the city withdraw the mask mandate Mayor Heather Lindsay ordered on Friday.
The biggest issue with these numbers is it’s been taking 5 days to 3 weeks to get results back. So someone could be infected and over it by the time they even find out they tested positive. It’s not like they tested and found 250 people positive on that day. Also the CDC said any virus such as a cold could pop positive for COVID as well. Just can’t take any of the numbers to heart except what’s actually been admitted to the hospital.

61 - 80 of 125 Posts