Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Your point is well taken. I went into Baileys Farmers Market last weekend wearing a mask and I was surprised how many did not have one on even though the place was packed with older folks. Yesterday I went again to avoid the weekend and more were wearing masks so maybe some are beginning to take heed. As much as I hate wearing it, I think that it is a good idea to continue for a while. I am grateful that you posted this information.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Are they mostly elderly or various ages? Still so much unknown about this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,856 Posts
Shhhh, don't ask such questions. You are not to question such things.
Well, I'll spill the beans for Okaloosa county. ;)

There are 54 total adult ICU beds, 49 are occupied. According to the NWF Daily News article this morning, 5 beds are occupied by flu patents.

·
Premium Member
9,469 Posts
Well, I'll spill the beans for Okaloosa county. ;)

There are 54 total adult ICU beds, 49 are occupied. According to the NWF Daily News article this morning, 5 beds are occupied by flu patents.
When that charter wanna be that can’t park gets through whipping Splittines ass, gonna be 50 of em occupied.

·
Super Moderator
12,655 Posts
Yeah that's normal capacity for the ICU... there might be 5 people in the ICU with covid... the rest are there from surgeries/accidents. The sky isn't falling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Capacity is capacity. John, are you saying that normal census for the county-wide ICU capacity is at 93%? From a friend of 25 years that works at West Florida, their Covid census jumped from 4-10 on Thursday of this week. I don't know how many of then are in the ICU. I am not telling you guys what to do, I am just sharing the public data that's out there.

·
Super Moderator
12,655 Posts
Capacity is capacity. John, are you saying that normal census for the county-wide ICU capacity is at 93%? From a friend of 25 years that works at West Florida, their Covid census jumped from 4-10 on Thursday of this week. I don't know how many of then are in the ICU. I am not telling you guys what to do, I am just sharing the public data that's out there.
Well uh, if there's only a handful of people in the ICU because of covid, I'd say yes... that's close to normal capacity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
John, I just have a hard time believing that it's typical for them to run that close to capacity. Is this something you are coming to by doing your own math or do you have real, accurate knowledge/data of the average census and the real number of covid patients?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts