Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
DOA Shrimps, Grubs, Jerk shads and small Swimbaits work well but I prefer Gulp products for flounder because they hold on to it longer for the hookset. You cant beat live bait though.... A live shrimp or small baitfish slowly dragged accross the bottom will get em everytime.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
A small yellow or white jig like a pompano jig and tip it with a piece of fresh shrimp and bounce it off the bottom. It is deadly.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
While not a "flounder lure" I did manage one, ONE, 1, ONLY ONE flounder on a yo-zuri crystal minnow in blue and silver on the surface in over 4 feet of water.... Right after I tell my bud... "I wonder if anyone ever caught a flounder on a yo-zuri"... BANG Next cast and we headed to the house and ate flounder samiches and went back to the water... That was 10 years ago and I never got another that way.

I really had good luck (when the kitty fishes would leave me alone) drifting shrimp or very small mullet/sardines on 4+feet of light fluro behind a swivel to hold a 1/4-1/2 ounce egg sinker away. I never had the luck most have with jigs and blamed it on the less natural presentation... I also am not one to try real long if it don't produce and when I hit on anything remotely productive I rarely deviate much...

Brent

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much. DOA hasnt done much for me untill last week when throwing it for bluefish and i got a 16'' flounder, pretty odd. I ask because tomorrow night imma take the boat out for specks at night and i thought i would try to get some flounder while i was at it. Thank you very much for the advice everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts