Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought or used an AR15 from Wal-mart? I seen they sell them, and was wondering what the quality is? Looked like the priced varied from $799 up to $1300. Im not too sure what makes. I had never heard of them before. Any feed back?

·
Super Moderator
20,146 Posts
Same quality guns you buy at a local shop. Comes from the same distributors. Sig, Colt, Bushmaster, Windham, etc.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No doubt. I was kinda thinking that. But you know how Walmart is. Thanks Splittine! O*D*W

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
If anyone gets near the Wal-mart in Crestview walk in and see what they have. One of the best selections and prices around. Our Wal-mart have a few in Niceville but nothing like Crestview.

Not just Ar's but great selection on other guns.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just happened to be at Walmart on 29 and decided to go look at guns. I was surprised they had ARs, and even the .22 ARs. They had 4 or 5 different guns in 5.56/.223, and 3 or 4 different versions in the .22LR. wonder if I can get a 30 rd mag for a gun bought at walmart...... What says you Spittine?

·
Super Moderator
20,146 Posts
I just happened to be at Walmart on 29 and decided to go look at guns. I was surprised they had ARs, and even the .22 ARs. They had 4 or 5 different guns in 5.56/.223, and 3 or 4 different versions in the .22LR. wonder if I can get a 30 rd mag for a gun bought at walmart...... What says you Spittine?
Why not. It's the same exact gun you buy anywhere else. Not sure why this is hard for people to understand. They are ordered from the same distributors as all other guns. I believe Lipsys and I think Ellet Brothers but it's been a while since I looked.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not. It's the same exact gun you buy anywhere else. Not sure why this is hard for people to understand. They are ordered from the same distributors as all other guns. I believe Lipsys and I think Ellet Brothers but it's been a while since I looked.
Umm, because, we are talking about walmart. A place where your cds are edited. Ones gotta think that maybe something is amiss with everything you buy at walmart. But, thats why I started this thread. I dont want to be the guy saying "hey, i bought my AR at wally world" and then get bashed by everyone on the forum. Not that that would happen, but it could. To me, a gun is gun, as long as it shoots. But, there are those who would slap me for saying such a thing. Lol.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I was at Walmart 29 the other day and I stopped to take a look as well - its better than grocery shopping. I saw a colt and a sig. It's like everything else a Walmart, they can sell them cheaper due to the quantity that they purchase. It has nothing to do with a lower grade of material.

·
Super Moderator
20,146 Posts
What's the diff in a 20 and 30rd mag? How would one fit and not another? Not being a smart ass, know very little about ARs but I'm not sure how a 20 would work and not a 30?

·
Registered
864 Posts
20 30 or drum most ar in 223 take the samw mag different in 308 not sure about 22 have bought a few rem 700 from wally world ordered on a few years ago like splitline said same distributors walmart can sell for less because thay profit off of clothes and other junk is much higher.

·
Registered
644 Posts
You can also order shotguns and rifles through walmart as well:thumbsup: They keep the catalogs at the sporting goods counter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts