Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to find an AR locally? I've called a few places and gone by a few others and I get the same line everywhere I go: "good luck."

I have been looking at the Windhams and would like to get my hands on one. If you know where one - or any AR for that matter - is the info would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely have no practical need for one, but would like to buy one while I still have the right to do so! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good Luck.

I was just trying to buy a damn shotgun today but the rate of phone calls for back ground checks is so high that is was taking hours to get it done. Trying again in the morning.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good Luck.

I was just trying to buy a damn shotgun today but the rate of phone calls for back ground checks is so high that is was taking hours to get it done. Trying again in the morning.
That's what I've been hearing. That sucks in a way, but on the other hand it's nice to see so many folks exercising their 2nd amendment right!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have 4 Delton Sports in my possession right now that I will be taking to the store in the morning. They will be available tomorrow morning at Mikes on Hwy 29.
If you want on be there at 9am when we open. They'll be gone in a few minutes. All Delton rifles have lifetime warranties.

http://www.del-ton.com/DT_Sport_p/dtsport.htm

Earlier this year we got set up to be linked into the FDLE back ground checks via computer. We no longer have to call them and wait on hold for them to answer. We are now looking at the same screen on our computer as the FDLE agent on the other end of the phone and type in the information our selves instead of telling it to the agent and usually have an answer within a few minutes. It has drastically cut down on back ground check time by hours a day we use to waste sitting on hold.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 4 Delton Sports in my possession right now that I will be taking to the store in the morning. They will be available tomorrow morning at Mikes on Hwy 29.
Do these have a chrome-lined barrel? I haven't heard too much about them before. Just looked at some reviews and they seem mostly positive, but apparently don't come standard with a chrome-lined barrel. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Do these have a chrome-lined barrel? I haven't heard too much about them before. Just looked at some reviews and they seem mostly positive, but apparently don't come standard with a chrome-lined barrel. Thanks!
The sports do not have chrome lined barrels. Unless you plan of firing your AR non stop all the time a chrome lined barrel isn't needed. I doubt any rifle you currently own has a chrome lined barrel.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The sports do not have chrome lined barrels. Unless you plan of firing your AR non stop all the time a chrome lined barrel isn't needed. I doubt any rifle you currently own has a chrome lined barrel.
Yeah, I was just curious. I did, however, just call the store and was told you didn't have any. Already sold out?? I'm on NAS Pensacola and don't wanna make the trip just to find out they're all gone. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you want on be there at 9am when we open. They'll be gone in a few minutes. All Delton rifles have lifetime warranties.

http://www.del-ton.com/DT_Sport_p/dtsport.htm

Earlier this year we got set up to be linked into the FDLE back ground checks via computer. We no longer have to call them and wait on hold for them to answer. We are now looking at the same screen on our computer as the FDLE agent on the other end of the phone and type in the information our selves instead of telling it to the agent and usually have an answer within a few minutes. It has drastically cut down on back ground check time by hours a day we use to waste sitting on hold.

I was in Mike's on Thursday afternoon and picked up a 270 win. It took longer to get someone to wait on me than it did to do the background check. As far as the ar's go better to have already been prepared cause it sounds like they are selling better than hot cakes right now.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just left Destin Guns. They have a bunch of them, but at pretty ridiculous prices in my opinion. Ah, the joys of supply and demand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts