Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been watching the weather for opportunity to go fishing. Got all my work in order today and threw the kayak in the back of the van at 3:30 today. Went down to my favorite water hole and threw her in. I paddled here and there for quit some time and got no bites whatsoever. At just about sundown, got my first speck. A 17 incher. Threw it back. Then got a juvi size. Threw it back. Then got 3 more slots all at 15 and 16. Threw them back. No picts. Sun was going down fast. Tangled the line on one of my rods. Headed in and got a MacDs cup of coffee on the way home. Nice to get out on the water again since just before the freeze over on bayou grande. No bites then.

I could have stayed home and sat in my comfy chair in front of my computer cruising GCKFA and PFF and thinking about fishing. I am going to hit it early in the AM again. That is when the big ones bite most often.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went fishing at 6 am this morning. Caught more of the same small trout. Let them all go. Did see a huge dead trout from the freeze. It was about 28 to 29 inches. Sad to see one that big die like that and not cut up into chunks in my frier.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Nice job. Shame about the gator. I found one up against shore last Fall at Garcon Pt that was missing the rear 1/3rd. It was a smooth half-circle cut, so I'm guessing Mr. Bully was hungry. What was left was 18inches long so I'm thinking the whole fish would have been around 25-27ish inches total.

Alex

·
Registered
753 Posts
Good to hear you are getting out and catchin' specks, Alan. Thanks for the reports!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gottafish (1/21/2010)Good to hear you are getting out and catchin' specks, Alan. Thanks for the reports!
When we opened the new business last June, that put a curb on everthing I was doing at the time. We had to spend a month cleaning the place and then the month of July setting up and still cleaning. Cooked my first Porchetta just before Aug. Officially opened Aug.1.Then since that time up to Christmas, reworking my wifes and my old work schedules to get this puppy off the ground and flying. Now we have our time schedules locked in and manageable. We ramped up our menu at Christmas and the Porchetta production. At some point I hope to go back to semi retirement since I turned 60 last Aug. Who knows what the future will hold. Nothing stays the same these days.

I plan on getting a bigger kayak later this spring due to seeing the perfomance of yours out there last summer in the Gulf. I have my eye on a Malibu Stealth for offshore fishing. 14 feet 6 inches long and laid out like the big Hobie for live well and storage, but paddles instead of peddles for half the price. Should be able to handle the big one with it. Will keep my Kingfish for throw and go inshore fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts