Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are having a hard time logging in, just go to your tools section on your task bar. Click on delete browser history. Click delete. When it is done, you should be able to log in now. So what happened? The browser history saved the look of the old site and all its pages, etc. including the log in. The new site does not recognize it. So deleting it gets you to a new log in page and now you are able to log in from then on easily like before.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I can log in but i cant see anyones posts.Is there somewhere i have to subscribe ??
Scott

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That I am not sure of. All I know is when I logged in last night and all this morning, I would log and would show up as a guest. I could not post, comment or make contact with the owners. It was not until I basically cleaned my history that now I was able to log in and do everything else. If you have not clicked tools and cleared your history, then you will not know if this is the problem you are having.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Yes it is a nightmare logging in and it also kicks me out when I leave and then doesn't log back in without deleting your cookies again. But just remember good things come to those that wait.

·
Registered
192 Posts
All I know that I had to delete it from my favorites list then type in the forum then readded it to my favorites list so I now can log in and now the site seems slower than before maybe should of left it alone not sure yet tryen to get use to it now but glad its back

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Last night I got an email from PFF stating JimT resonded to a thread I was watching. I tried to log on to no avail. I tried all day long from time to time also to no avail.</p>

I then followed the directions above, and presto!! I am on.</p>

However, I lost all my other log ons to various sites.</p>

Now to learn this new application.</p>

Growing pains suck but are appreciated.</p>

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, Tom, I failed to mention that you will lose all your saved log in information to all (all) your other sites. I keep an aphabetical password book for these kinds of things. Actually along with defragging your hard drive frequently, from time to time you need to delete all the history because that is a lot of saved stuff that is loaded when you turn on your computer. It also affects browser ability with all the kinds of browsers being used.Down the road, you can pick and choose what parts of history you want to delete. Cookies, viewed web pages for faster loading, log in passwords etc. This kind of thing is always required when sites make major changes to their webpages. Currently the Pff is as slow to me too as it was before, but I assume they are tweaking for faster speed as they go and like they said they were doing.

·
Super Moderator
20,855 Posts
I have yet to be able to log on with Internet Explorer. I had to download Mozilla to log on. I have deleted cookies, history, and everything else I can. Maybe this is something Chris is working on and will be resolved in the near future.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Splittine (19/04/2010)I have yet to be able to log on with Internet Explorer. I had to download Mozilla to log on. I have deleted cookies, history, and everything else I can. Maybe this is something Chris is working on and will be resolved in the near future.
</p>

I use Internet Explorer, and after I deleted my PFF Farorite's, found PFF again, which was a challenge, and deleted cookies, history, and files, it appears I can fly through here now.</p>

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I had the same problems and I used Firefox last night and this morning to logon and there was a time today when Chris was working on it and no one could logon including me but after cleaning up my pc w/ Malwarebytes and CCleaner, I don't have a problem using Internet Explorer now.</p>

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not having log in problems, but my Avator was lost and in some threads, LEO ? in Off Topic, the "Author" column is to narrow to see the entire screen name. Also seems to be slower now.

·
Banned
9 Posts
brnbser (19/04/2010)I had the same problems and I used Firefox last night and this morning to logon and there was a time today when Chris was working on it and no one could logon including me but after cleaning up my pc w/ Malwarebytes and CCleaner, I don't have a problem using Internet Explorer now.
Hi, I suspect this is due to the updates over the past couple of days. We've been updating server settings which may change the encryption key used to encrypt the forms authentication tickets to become invalid and log you out.

We'll hardcode a <machineKey> setting into the web.config to hopefully resolve this problem.

If you do see the problem again please do let Chris / the community know or email me directly on [email protected] and we'll certainly investigate further.

I suspect this update will be applied tomorrow morning GMT to minimizedisruption.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
BananaTom (19/04/2010)

Splittine (19/04/2010)I have yet to be able to log on with Internet Explorer. I had to download Mozilla to log on. I have deleted cookies, history, and everything else I can. Maybe this is something Chris is working on and will be resolved in the near future.
</p>

I use Internet Explorer, and after I deleted my PFF Farorite's, found PFF again, which was a challenge, and deleted cookies, history, and files, it appears I can fly through here now.</p>
</p>

+1</p>

That's exactly what I had to do.</p>

·
Registered
414 Posts
Anybody having problems reading PM's, i can't get my inbox to open and yes I'm computer illiterate so any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
deckhand (20/04/2010)Anybody having problems reading PM's, i can't get my inbox to open and yes I'm computer illiterate so any help would be great!
Go to the top of your tool bar where it says file, edit, view, etc. click on tools: right at the top of that list is delete browser history, click on it: on that list is cookies, click delete on it. That should let you log in again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts