Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Praedator
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad is coming in town this weekend and one thing he wants to catch is some good fighting kings. He just loves to fight those fish. I caught my limit last time out about a month ago in the pass and still saw three or so skying out of the water, but did not know how long they stayed around with the water temperature dropping and all.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think they're gone. I'm in PCB and it's been over a month since I've seen one off the beach. I'm sure there's some further offshore though.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
jewfish (12/28/2007)I think they're gone. I'm in PCB and it's been over a month since I've seen one off the beach. I'm sure there's some further offshore though.
Usually when the water temp reaches below70 degrees they disapear, and next spring when the water temp reaches back up to 70 degrees they show back up.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The water temp. is 60-61 degrees.It is a safe bet the pier kings are gone till next season.However,I have caught big kings right up to Christmas off the Dan Russell pier a few years ago.Water temp was around 65-66 degrees though.We also had a full length pier at the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts