Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever try this reel? Looks pretty nice for an inshore set up but was wondering how smooth it was and if it held up to saltwater use well. From what I've read they are 100% made in america which got me interested in it.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
This is a good looking reel and I like the concept.

That being said, I can't find any usage reviews on the reel.

Some people are 'Early Adopters' but in my career, I have learned that buying serial number 1, is a recipe for disaster (in most cases). Or at least results in a lot of headaches while I do the manufacturer's development for him. If I don't get it at a huge discount, (and I mean HUGE) I never go for it.

Like they say, 'the early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese'.

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
My advice, for what it's worth (probably not all that much) would be to scrap the idea of buying that Ardent & go with something else for the price. Lots of other good, proven options out there.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My advice, for what it's worth (probably not all that much) would be to scrap the idea of buying that Ardent & go with something else for the price. Lots of other good, proven options out there.
I'll probably end up with a smoke pts for my next reel. The main reason this peaked my interest was it was made in america. I've yet to see any reviews like panhandle slim said so I just figured to ask here. I always do a little research before I buy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts