Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
910 Posts
BIGRIGZ (3/25/2010)Anyone know how to get a vehicle down here to fish off the point?

You can drive down there but the sand is pretty thick. Just keep driving past the boat ramp where the road ends.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
BIGRIGZ (3/25/2010)would you dare try in a 2wd truck?

If I had good clearance yes I would... I didn't actually use 4wd mode when I went I just have good ground clearance because I sit up high. But it was nice to know I had it if I needed it.

But regardless, I would make sure I dodged the worst parts.

I have fished that spot and didn't like it because I got snagged a lot on rocks and crap.

·
Banned
910 Posts
If you experienced driving in sand you would be fine. I would only do a full size truck though. Last Thanksgiving I pulled a guy out that buried his little Nissan.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Archie Glover dredging is NOT complete yet but is in process. The County is disappointed in the progress, and the Contractor is having Spoil issues that require him to basically work one day and take the next day off.

The good news, is that depth is not much of an issue this time of year, and this project should be complete in time for the winter low tides.
:thumbsup:

Anyone know if they dregded the channel yet?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Dredge has been sitting in the channel for about a month,, it even has warning lights on it that come on at night,,,not shure how much they have dredged out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts