Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of someone in the Pensacola area with the tools to install a muzzle break. I have the break just not the vice tools to be able to crush the washer. Shoot me a pm if you'd be willing to help a member in need.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I am new to AR's as well but isnt it installed with a pin / rivet ? If it is I am a aviation structures mechanic and have rivets, hand squeezes and if needed rivet guns and bucking bars.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's screwed on with a crush washer that flattens out, only pinned and welded with short barrels.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm in need of someone in the Pensacola area with the tools to install a muzzle break. I have the break just not the vice tools to be able to crush the washer. Shoot me a pm if you'd be willing to help a member in need.
I just normally use a pair of slip joint pliers, wrap masking tape around the pliers so my muzzle device doesn't get scuffed, hold the rifle between my legs, use my non dominant hand to hold the barrel above gas block, dominate hand starts the twisting and try to line up my muzzle device.

You should only be using around 15-20 ft lbs of torque. So just a firm tighting with the pliers. If the crush washer isn't being crushed enough and you have a ways to go to line up your break. I have taken them how, place it on concrete it the crush washer with a hammer a few times and was good to go. Crush washers are meant to be crushed.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's still loud but it doesn't hurt like the brake did.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts