Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great day today!! despite the stiff Easterly winds and the low air temps my crew and I headed for the Sheepshead grounds. Today I was joined by an awesome group from Louisiana.

John Costello, Jean Costello, Kelly Costello and last but not least Megan Bardwell. We had a blast today! With Kelly hooking up on the first drop of the morning. It was a hard head catfish but it was fun to watch!! After that we made countless drifts over the structure scoring several large sheepshead ranging in weights from 3-6lbs. We were also excited to catch several Red Snapper!! The snapper were on the smaller side and being out of season were released.

Later in the afternoon Megan had the heartbreaker.... After wanting a Bull red all morning we finally hooked her into one. About 5 minutes into the fight the dang hook straightened on us. That's right..... the HOOK...... straightened. Mustof been abeautiful fish.

What a great day on the water with a great crew!

See you out there!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Great pics! Would like to have seen that bull red before he straightened the hook!

I would love to take my 10 year-old son & my neighbors little girl on an inshore charter so they can get into some good fishing. Anyone willing to give me a range on prices for a few hours out so they can catch a few?! I would be more interested in them fishing than for myself. Lord knows getting kids into fishing before the negative influence of other kids starts to have an impact is crucial.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thank you Captain for your time on the phone!

I will arrange another to help with the cost and hopefully we can get a trip done in the next week or two!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts