Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Fish Alot Catch None
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6-4-2018

Water is very cloudy due to the scattered showers are us. Before the rains came there was a school of black fin around us. Nothing to travel all this way. We are still not allowing vessels close to us because of the ongoing mooring.

·
Fish Alot Catch None
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last I heard the vessels in the field are asking for a 2 mile buffer.

·
Rod Rigger & Rum Runner
13 Posts
anyone hear of any reports around Horn Mountain over to Delta House? Hopefully rain will subside...sea forecast looks good all week

·
Fish Alot Catch None
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Day 3 of glass

3 days in a row of clean water and no waves. Oh, and no fish either. 3 sport fishers trolled by and nothing caught. No more 2 mile band.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I fished Appomatox & Balder on the evening of 9 June and found similar results. Not much in the way of marking fish and certainly didn't catch anything after a 2hr attempt. Pushed West to West Capricorn and Nakika. Caught some of the biggest BFT I've ever seen, but no YFT.

On a side note, on THT under the Gulf Coast Section they are talking about the lack of YFT bite in general throughout the entire region, less the Green Canyon.

Thx OP-FOR for the update and looking forward to future reports of tuna!

·
Fish Alot Catch None
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Much thanks for the on-site reports OP-FOR!!! Are you on the rig or a Vessel serving the rig?

I’m on the platform. As of now we have a large school of black fin tuna that have taken up residency around the platform. Pop up showers are a norm around us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fish Alot Catch None
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
06-29-2018 Appomattox

One heck of a storm out here a few hours ago. 3 boats fishing onsite rode it out. One hook up with a Marlin this morning before the weather came through. Seas and winds have finally calm down. No grass in sight and the water is cloudy due to the rain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How far from horn is appomattox? Its a new rig, so we don't have the coordinates yet in our gps. Would someone have them pls. Thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
According to Vessel Finder, the Appomattox is located at: 28.57263N/87.9332W which is approx 116 miles SSW of OB at a heading of 192 deg. As another reference, it's parked above the wellhead that the DS Proteus used to be at on and off for the past 18 months.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts