Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the area (military) and just bought a kayak to do some off shore fishing. Anyone wanna go may 3rd or 4th? I am new to ocean fishing but not fishing in general. Would love to tag along with a group or find someone that wants to go.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Hey! You made it! I'll let you know when we go out. I don't do very much offshore fishing, we do a lot of night-time fishing at three mile bridge for bull reds.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just bought 2 Wilderness systems tarpon 140's and Im trying to get into some fishing too. up in crestview Im looking more into lakes and rivers. Ive also got my kids with me for the next year so they will be in tow on the second yak. let me know if you come up this way and want to hit backwater river or hurricane lake! I'm have a lot to learn still about fishing so I'm kind of just feeling it out right now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm down to go whenever, man. I'm getting a Hobie PA by Saturday. I'm experienced with inshore, but I really want to get into offshore fishing too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may do some lakes and rivers later. As of now I have my heart set on off shore. I think I am going launch out in destin somewhere (havent decided yet) and troll up and down until I find something.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Welcome to the area. Where are you stationed? There are a lot of regulars that go offshore between Pensacola and destin you will eventually meet. I fish more inshore around escambia and blackwater. The gulf coast kayak tournamnent is in a couple weeks and a good opportunity to meet a lot of fellow yakkers

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wish I could be more flexible. My wife is in Korea for the next 12 months so its the kids and I for now. Anything I do, I have to bring them along. Not that I wouldnt anyways. They cant wait to hit the lakes and try some bass fishing, as well as a 2-3 day kayak/camping trip down the blackwater river. I just have to figure out a ride to the start line. anyone else interested in a kayak trip let me know. It would be great to have another adult out there to talk to.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am a Ranger instructor at a camp off of Eglin. I want to go offshore but not opposed to inshore as well. Just havent had much luck inshore. Off subject but just asking. I read this post on another site where this guy had sunk his PA 14. Not sure exactly how this happened but it does scare me a little. I am going to get a hand pump. I heard of people stuffing the haul with pool noodles as well. Does this seem like a good idea to any of you? Just asking cause I dont wanna go out 2 or 3 miles and start to sink and someone says hey dumb ass you didnt line your yak with pool noodles lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am a Ranger instructor at a camp off of Eglin. I want to go offshore but not opposed to inshore as well. Just havent had much luck inshore. Off subject but just asking. I read this post on another site where this guy had sunk his PA 14. Not sure exactly how this happened but it does scare me a little. I am going to get a hand pump. I heard of people stuffing the haul with pool noodles as well. Does this seem like a good idea to any of you? Just asking cause I dont wanna go out 2 or 3 miles and start to sink and someone says hey dumb ass you didnt line your yak with pool noodles lol......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am a Ranger instructor at a camp off of Eglin. I want to go offshore but not opposed to inshore as well. Just havent had much luck inshore. Does anyone add extra floatation in the haul of their yak? just asking cause I read this story of this guy who sunk his kayak. Just asking cause I dont want to be that guy who sunk his kayak while a shark was stalking him lol.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello

I am a Ranger instructor at a camp off of Eglin. I want to go offshore but not opposed to inshore as well. Just havent had much luck inshore. Off subject but just asking. I read this post on another site where this guy had sunk his PA 14. Not sure exactly how this happened but it does scare me a little. I am going to get a hand pump. I heard of people stuffing the haul with pool noodles as well. Does this seem like a good idea to any of you? Just asking cause I dont wanna go out 2 or 3 miles and start to sink and someone says hey dumb ass you didnt line your yak with pool noodles lol.
I do carry a hand pump in my OB but I think normally someone would have to work at it to sink a PA or any other Hobie. Be interesting to know the details.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts