Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at the a catch 110 HDII . Not seeing any topics on Pelican kayaks on here. Anyone have one that can give me a honest to god review on it? My concern is that I'm 6' and around 205, just want to make sure I'm getting the right one vs going ahead and getting the 130..

It will be my first fishing kayak, my other is a 2 person ocean kayak (fast) not meant for fishing..

Thanks..

·
Registered
220 Posts
The best thing to do for yourself is test drive one before you buy one. You're going to be spending hours in it and those hours can get very painful if the kayak doesn't 'fit' you. Good luck on your kayak fishing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Second on try before buy, especially the first one and when there is significant cost involved.

Many dealers used to have demo days a couple of times each year. Haven't heard of those in a while though. Rental is an option to try before buy, but you may not be able to find the specific model to rent. Maybe someone who has the same or similar model?

Good luck on your hunt. Always wear your pfd. Remember... Paddle as far from the launch as you want to paddle back against current, winds, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts