Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wondered if anyone used an aluminum deep v walleye/multispecies boat in the bays and near shore. If so how do you like it and how does it handle the chop. If you have any tips on how to set it up to handle the bays better let me know. I have a 19' starcraft sfm with a 150hp merc
and a 8hp kicker. Shes had alot of upgrades since I bought it 2 years ago.
1st was a galvanized trailer I was praying alot on the trip home.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Gotta 19ft spectrum aluminum looks alot like yours, had her 9 years and she's not only made a zillion bay trips but she goes 15 miles out quite often.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Yeah they work well, but the rivets will leak after several hard years of rough water and your trailer doesn't look like it galvanized but all and all you should have a great time in it out there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2010 Bass Tracker deep V Pro Glide 175.....It can handle the water in the bay....but in the chop its a bit of a rough ride....I am currently looking for more info on CC and or Bay boats...The short list right now is Seahunt BX22 Pro and the Cape Horn 23

I am sure yours can handle it....the question is can you?????

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a pic the day after I bought it, that trailer barely made it home. I bought a galvanized shorelandr roller trailer 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 16' Blue Fin, made in Indiana for the lakes. Handles the bays great,But like MJW said,kinda rough ride in the chop. Very stable, safe boat for us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts