Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
eating tasty
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My electric one just crapped out, and we have both 220 hookups and a gas hookup in the laundry room. My wife does a ton of laundry every day with 3 young kids, and after doing some research it looks like gas is way more efficient for drying. Almost half the cost per load.

For whatever reason, they don’t seem to be as popular, I wondered why. Maybe just this area and not as many folks with natural gas hookups in the house?

Wanted some real world experience on one of anyone has one in their house or used one before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
We have had one for two years. Seems to be more efficient and it dries the clothes quicker. I haven had to work on it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Josh.

Had mine for 10 years. Don't even notice it on the gas bill. Dries quicker than electric.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I have gas......but then again I eat a lot of beans and sardines. Sound"....."........like anyone else we know?:D

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Swapped to a gas dryer 10 years ago when 3 kids were at home and the dryer ran all the time.
Power bill went down 30 bucks a month and gas bill went up 5 bucks or so.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Went to a gas dryer about 10 years ago and power bill dropped approx $30-50 per month. They do cost a little more up front but well worth it in the long run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts