Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tall Sexy Guy
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night's rain flooded the creek bed where my stand is located. I had to wade through approx 10 inches of water in order to get to the stand. I didn't know how rain would affect the deer's movement...but I didn't see anything this morning or the early afternoon. I looked around and couldnt even find tracks...It was 5:00pm when I finally saw something....a little doe. Once the sun went down, I headed in and have spent the rest of this evening trying to thaw out.

There is a hunting club off in the distance and I typically hear a couple of gun shots....but not today. I'm wondering ifit was a slow day for everyone...

Scoots

·
Registered
198 Posts
I killed a little buck about 7:30, he just cruised up behind me after I hit my grunt a few minutes earlier. For the morning Saw a total of 4 deer and Saw what I thought was chasing before the weather changed thiis morning....looked up and saw a deer following another but couldn't get a good look as it was about 300 yards away

·
Registered
235 Posts
Didn't see anything in the stand this morning, but saw a little 3 pt while walking out about 10:00. Had a buck chase a deer back and forth about 30 yards from my stand this afternoon, just after it got too dark to see. I'm in Baldwin County, so that ends my 09-10 season.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,548 Posts
Saw a doe and the screwed up buck I killed this morning. 5 does this afternoon. Tons of shots rang all around me this morn and aft.

My buddy who hunts in Jay saw 6 does and a small buck this morn and 8 or 9 this afternoon. If I didn't kill that one this morn I would have sat all day. Deer were moving with the temp dropping and overcast. Where was this weather earlier in the week. Although the wind tried to freeze me out this aft. I was way under dressed.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
i saw three does stalking through the woods, gf shot and i think missed ( going to look in the morning to make sure), a kid shot his first deer ( spike ) chasing a doe and he seen another spike. thats the only three of us hunting.

·
Super Moderator
19,827 Posts
Between 4 of us this evening we saw 16 does 4 bucks, Gobbler, and a rabbit. Ive hunted everyday since Sunday and have seen at least one buck per sit, only 1 chasing.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Between 3 of us we saw 10 bucks and over 20 does this afternoon. Three of the bucks were chasing and the others where traveling, but the only real good one was missing half his rack which would have been a Dandy 8 . Heard over 25 shots . Hunting in NW Florida!!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
my hunting partner killed a 8pt yesterday afternoon and a 9pt this morning. i think im gonna head to AL in a few mins and try to give it one last try

1 - 11 of 11 Posts