Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Anyone remember Rock Bottom

8K views 52 replies 11 participants last post by  Jgatorman 
#1 ·
Anyone remember Rock Bottom ? Just a cold crystal clear pond back behind Saufly Field kids used to swim in and fish nearby.

#6 ·
I spent a lot of time skipping school, and doing many other "teen" activities there, water was crystal clear, had a great rope and swing, sprained the crap out of my ankle on it. We even camped out their a few nights. It was a really great place until the toluene freaks started hangin' out huffin' that crap! 1978-1984

#15 ·
To get into the pits or Rock bottom? My childhood friend lives in one of the houses that back up to the clay pit, the gate entrance is to the left of his house. When we were kids the gate used to always be open, once we got older they kept it locked and has been ever since. but we were still able to access it from behind his house.

And for Rock bottom I would cut behind the house that backed up to the Saufley Field fence and walk the path to Rock bottom.

#17 ·
I hunted and fished back there late 60s and early 70s.used to catch crawfish under the rocks in rock bottom,caught many a bass and jack fish down the ditch and to the right.lots of snakes,lost my collie to a rattler there bit in the neck.Shot many ducks ,woodcock, squirrel,quail,rabbit,even saw deer back there.one day back there along the 11 mile creek saw a hog prolly 300# didn't shoot was on the other side.Nobody else was back there then.

#18 ·
I got a picture with my dad brothers and dads friends from the swamp area behind the house as you get towards perdido bay from 1983 of a panther they killed while huntin. Try to dig it up and take picture of it. Lots of wildlife then. Now theres more hoses than a little bit. Heck we still couldn't get cable there when I moved in 89

#20 ·
Im a little after yalls time, my time was spent there between 2000 - 2008. Would have loved to have done all that in yalls time considering I love hunting. Barley see anything out there now when I visit my buddys house. Use to walk the woods round the clay pits with a .22 and shoot squirrels, rabbit, dove and used to even flush quail. And the ponds in the clay pits used to produce with a lot of bream and bass.

God how I wish I could go back in time and do it all over again. Now I worry about bills, and being an adult instead of some math test Friday and who I was going to adventure with that weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.