Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl12_lblFullMessage>are y'all gettin them locally or ordering. Anyone know if outcast sells em? I know they come in numerous colors/patterns but has anyone noticed any diiference as far as colors/temps? do the lighter ones seem to feel cooler during the summer or due to the material does color even matter?

Thanks

Jim</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
FishingMedic (3/24/2010)<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl12_lblFullMessage>are y'all gettin them locally or ordering. Anyone know if outcast sells em? I know they come in numerous colors/patterns but has anyone noticed any diiference as far as colors/temps? do the lighter ones seem to feel cooler during the summer or due to the material does color even matter?

Thanks

Jim</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Lighter colors will reflect sunlight better than darker ones. same situation as in the case of roofs. However, since you are concerned enough about the sun rays, you'll most likely also will be wearing a wide brimmed hat with your buff. In, this case, the color of the buff should not make much difference. I'm assuming buffs must be made of a open weave fabric to allow easy breathing. It is important thing to remember that you can get sunburned while wearing a cotton T-shirt. A thin, loosely woven fabric offers minimal protection against UV rays. That's why most major manufacturers of fishingapparel advertise the SPF rating of each clothing item. A buff will offer some protection from reflected UV rays. How much protection? Unless it comes with a SPF rating, it's hard to determine. Just remember, it it allows some light through, it also allows the some of the UV rays to reach your skin.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts