Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if anyone knows a young guy, about 16, who rides a skateboard to go fishing and wears a bright green solar mask. If you do, can you explain that trespassing to fish private ponds will get him in trouble. Standing in someone's back yard and arguing with them will get him in even bigger trouble. We warned him last week, we warned him twice yesterday.

Just trying to keep him from facing charges.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hell I grew up doing that. Better than him out dealing drugs and shit like that.
Whats he hurting???? Crack open a couple cold ones and go out there and mentor him. I lived on the water in lillian for a while and it happened all the time. He doesn't have a father figure otherwise he would be out on a boat.leave the kid be. Better fishing then dealing drugs.Send him to my house we'll work on cars

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats he hurting???? Crack open a couple cold ones and go out there and mentor him. I lived on the water in lillian for a while and it happened all the time. He doesn't have a father figure otherwise he would be out on a boat.leave the kid be. Better fishing then dealing drugs.Send him to my house we'll work on cars
Because he is invading other peoples property( not mine) where I work, pretty much blessed out someone whose yard he was in, lied and said he was a resident.

Guess I'll just do my job and have him popped for trespass, then. He's been given 3 chances. He's not worth losing a job over.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
( He's not worth losing a job over.[/QUOTE]

Surely hitting someone's 16 year old kid never crossed your mind?

I had one once and if some adult had put a hand on him for fishing, I would have lost my job and freedom.

Talk with the kid, maybe letting him fish might not be so bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Because he is invading other peoples property( not mine) where I work, pretty much blessed out someone whose yard he was in, lied and said he was a resident.

Guess I'll just do my job and have him popped for trespass, then. He's been given 3 chances. He's not worth losing a job over.
Sometimes the only way through is calling the cops. Maybe they can get the point across that trespassing is illegal. That'll be his final warning. I'm betting most would think different if the kid was on your hunting property shooting your deer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Sometimes the only way through is calling the cops. Maybe they can get the point across that trespassing is illegal. That'll be his final warning. I'm betting most would think different if the kid was on your hunting property shooting your deer.

I would talk to the parents way before I called the law about a 16 year old kid hunting.

However, hunting and fishing are different situations. I haven't ever heard of someone accidentally getting shot fishing.

Geez Louise!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
( He's not worth losing a job over.
Surely hitting someone's 16 year old kid never crossed your mind?

I had one once and if some adult had put a hand on him for fishing, I would have lost my job and freedom.

Talk with the kid, maybe letting him fish might not be so bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Where did I say anything about hitting him? I said have him popped(arrested). Tell him it is okay to trespass on land that is not mine? That is what would cost me my job...telling him he can trespass. Now, the kid is a liar, refuses to show ID, once he leaves property, we cannot follow him, so how do we talk to him? Someone said talk to his parents. Y'all explain how we do that.

So apparently, you think anyone should be able to ignore private property...go do what you want on others land...and nothing should be said.

One big thing. Liability. Kid gets bit by one of our moccasins while trespassing . Who pays? Kid gets hit by a car on property while trespassing...who is liable? Kid trespasses in someone's backyard and gets bit by a dog? Who is liable?

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Can You Guesstimate the Combined Value of the Skateboard, Green Mask, His Accomplishments to date along with the value of his Gear????...... Without this information, your Gripe is Pointless.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,916 Posts
Tell the kid there's some nice people on a fishing forum that will have no problem letting him fish in their ponds.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Here's a fair option I think...you talk to the property owner and let them know a kid wants to fish their property, or put the kid on the phone with them so he can ask if maybe they would allow him to fish there?
Maybe they could work a deal where the kid helps do a little yard work or something here and there in return of letting him fish...could help both parties out in the grand scheme...hell it might help jumpstart him a summer job of yardwork for others and fishing their ponds and keep him off the streets and outta trouble.
You can call the cops and give the kid a salty taste and outlook of law enforcement for life, or attempt that offer I mentioned and everything turn out okie dokie...

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
You can call the cops and give the kid a salty taste and outlook of law enforcement for life, or attempt that offer I mentioned and everything turn out okie dokie...
at some point we can't just keep saying oh he only 8, only 10, only 16. He should be allowed to do what he wants because he's a kid. Calling the cops doesn't mean he getting cuffed and stuffed beginning a career of bad decision and heading to prison by 18. They can simply explain it to the boy in a different tone. Legal liability these days makes it tough to just let someone come hang out. If he wants to fish go knock on the door and ask. Amazingly lots of folks will let you fish since you asked. But trespassing over and over gets annoying and shows the kid has no respect.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can You Guesstimate the Combined Value of the Skateboard, Green Mask, His Accomplishments to date along with the value of his Gear????...... Without this information, your Gripe is Pointless.
First, it was not a gripe. I was hoping someone might recognize the kid and talk to him before he wins up getting busted for trespassing.

Secobd, what does the value of his gear, skateboard, rods etc have to do with anything?

Third, how would I know his accomplishments and why would it matter ? If he has a 4.0, that means he is entitled?

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
First, it was not a gripe. I was hoping someone might recognize the kid and talk to him before he wins up getting busted for trespassing.

Secobd, what does the value of his gear, skateboard, rods etc have to do with anything?

Third, how would I know his accomplishments and why would it matter ? If he has a 4.0, that means he is entitled?
Haha. Nah. They going off the kayak thread. For all that. Being funny

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tell the kid there's some nice people on a fishing forum that will have no problem letting him fish in their ponds.
That I would love to do. Hell, he is right on both the Gulf and on Perdido Bay. Tons of redfish, specks, big Jack's in the bay...pompano, ladyfish, etc in the Gulf.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a fair option I think...you talk to the property owner and let them know a kid wants to fish their property, or put the kid on the phone with them so he can ask if maybe they would allow him to fish there?
Maybe they could work a deal where the kid helps do a little yard work or something here and there in return of letting him fish...could help both parties out in the grand scheme...hell it might help jumpstart him a summer job of yardwork for others and fishing their ponds and keep him off the streets and outta trouble.
The property owner? Try about 400 property owners, 4 HOAs, the golf course owner, 2 property managers.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only entitled are those bitching about a kid fishing a pond. Which condo? I am retired. I'll fish that damn thing tomorrow if my wife is cool with it. Cane and everything.
Invest 90 million in property and fish your own pond.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts