Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've come across a Pioneer Cape Island 186 (Bone Boats design) that looks like a nice all-around bay boat. the fit/finish appears to be very good as well as the craftsmanship. it's powered by a 140 zuk 4-stroke, so it should have plenty of power.

anyway, i would like to hear from anyone here with experience with them.

the one that i found is fighting lady yellow, and looks something like this one:

[edit- it's just like the one in this link, but w/o the bow seat and bimini[/edit]

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a bunch.

i also found that they used to be made by and/or called "Bone Boats"

http://www.daremarina.com/html/Bone/index.html

i guess that was the original design and then pioneer bought them out?

anyway, i really like the bow flare that it has and the lines are just amazing to me. it "looks" like it would take the chop very well and give a dry, comfortableride, yet it still only draws 13" with a 14* deadrise. i don't necessarily need anything to get in water less than 2' where i fish, so this appears to be more and more along the lines of what would be ideal for mobile and perdio bay reds/specks w/ the occasional run out to some rigs on a calm day.

also, it appears to be in great condition and includes the seat backrest (optional). it's on a nice aluminum trailer, and the price is right for sure when compared to what they go for new.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, that's it. if you pass by at about 6:55, you'll see me stop by just about every morning to take another look at it. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.