Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've come across a Pioneer Cape Island 186 (Bone Boats design) that looks like a nice all-around bay boat. the fit/finish appears to be very good as well as the craftsmanship. it's powered by a 140 zuk 4-stroke, so it should have plenty of power.

anyway, i would like to hear from anyone here with experience with them.

the one that i found is fighting lady yellow, and looks something like this one:

[edit- it's just like the one in this link, but w/o the bow seat and bimini[/edit]

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a Pioneer Venture 197 with a 150 4 stroke Yamaha. Love the combination. It is dual console. Fish box up front, ski locker below, console storage, gunnel rod storage for 6 rods, four rod holders, live bait well, ski pylon, boarding ladder, 73 gallon tank, raw water wash-down, and great lines. Fit and finish are excellent, dry ride in the chop. Not many other boats have gelcoat on the inside of the hatch covers. Have been very happy with the boat. Meets all of our family needs; fishing, skiing, >250 mile range. Purchased ours from Doc's Marine. Very happy with the service, (ask for Chuck). Ours is Carolina Blue. Tell the guys at Doc's that Dr. Lile sent you. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Bill

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a bunch.

i also found that they used to be made by and/or called "Bone Boats"

http://www.daremarina.com/html/Bone/index.html

i guess that was the original design and then pioneer bought them out?

anyway, i really like the bow flare that it has and the lines are just amazing to me. it "looks" like it would take the chop very well and give a dry, comfortableride, yet it still only draws 13" with a 14* deadrise. i don't necessarily need anything to get in water less than 2' where i fish, so this appears to be more and more along the lines of what would be ideal for mobile and perdio bay reds/specks w/ the occasional run out to some rigs on a calm day.

also, it appears to be in great condition and includes the seat backrest (optional). it's on a nice aluminum trailer, and the price is right for sure when compared to what they go for new.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, that's it. if you pass by at about 6:55, you'll see me stop by just about every morning to take another look at it. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts