Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ive been sifting on pensacolaMLS for a long time looking for a decent cash deal on a home (basically i want something NOT in montclair/mayfair/warrington, olive/johnson area ect)

Not looking for something new, just a good price on a home that needs work, Ive been looking at stuff in the 30-40k range and most are all in undersireable areas, that will never be worth more in the future

My problem is i cannot get a conventional loan due to not having income requirements on file, credit is good, and i can put a large downpayment, i will be living with my fiance who makes more than i do, Im trying to find a home with owner financing or rent to own, rather than to lower my standards to something i can buy all-cash, 20-30k avail for downpayment

If any members on here are selling, let me know my main thing is Location, ive been living near :ghetto: all my life and would like to get into an area that isnt like JACKSON ST.

beulah/bauer rd ect. are more my style

just putting this out there for anyone selling/leasing i religiously search the mls and c-list for deals

thanks for looking
ken-

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Just be patient buddy...You have the right thoughts and idea... Since you have that much cash on hand it would be a waste to buy/invest in a home in an area that will never be worth any more than what it is now...Something will come your way...Look across the line into Lillian/Elberta/Seminole if you can....

·
Registered
233 Posts
How about a beautiful lot that I'll owner finance you off of Blue Angel Parkway (Alekai Rd.) walking distance to Perdido Bay. Lot can then be used as either collateral to build your own home or have one of those Jim Walter homes built on it. Lot comes with lifetime rights to private boat ramp and small park and beach (Ramsey Beach) on Perdido Bay. Neighborhood is quiet, well kept, friendly and safe.

PM me for more details.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, i cant really get into land property since i need a place to live soon lol

gotta stay in pensacola, id love to move out to the country, but logistics dont allow right now

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
There is a great looking forclosure on the cheap listed with Gulf Winds Federal Credit Union. I saw the link the other day. I think it's in Cantonment and it's on 1.25+ acres, might be to far away... Just wanted to pass that along to you just in case... Here is the link... Could be one of those situations where it might or might not meet your needs.
https://www.gogulfwinds.com/property

·
Registered
453 Posts
You should look into some homes by the ghettos. There are some real nice pockets in there that are very nice and priced similarly. Also look into Milton. My buddy just foot a jive place for 48k that was in foreclosure

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all replies guys, looking into all options

my main thing is i dont want to overspend and get into something that needs more work than i can afford, i cant get traditional financing due to not having most of my income "on the books" im an off-grid type of fellow

been looking at many forclosures/short sales, but it seems they take forever to respond to offers

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Short sale is a misnomer for sure. There was 6 acres and a house for sale that adjoined a family member's pasture. He wanted it just to add to his land. The bank was asking $300,000.
He offered $250,000, told them it would be a cash deal and he would close as soon as they wanted.
It drug on for months. Finally after about 4 months, the bank said that wasn't a high enough offer and asked if he would like to make another offer. He said no, he didn't have to have it. $250,000 was as high as he was willing to go.
A year later they sold it for $180,000. Gee I wonder why banks are going broke ? :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.