Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Humminbird, they have came a long way and make some great units. Stay away from Lowrance, customer service sucks.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I'll never buy another <SPAN style="mso-fareast-font-family: SimSun">Lowrance, I had anLMS-337 C DF and had a lot of problems with it and the customer service SUCKED!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have used Lowrance fish finder (prefer Garmin GPS) productsfor 15 years now with two units purchased in the last 2 years and i have never had a problem with the units. i have an X-75 on thetrolling motorof my Crappie boat that i have used for 10 years and it still works flawlessly. I have contacted customer service on a few occasions with the most recent purchase about configuring and calibration my fuel probe and had no issues.

I think a lot of people have problems because theirunit isnot properly installed. You can certainly buy a better unit but you aregoing to pay way more for it.

KP

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I've been using a LCX-18c for 4 years and no complaints except gps module went out last year. But I love the sounder display, I just use my back- up garmin GPS for navigation!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have had both and like them both. The only problems I have with the lowrance is that sometimes the NMEA 2000 network stops responding and I have to reset the unit. Rare tho.

·
Praedator
9,945 Posts
People have had issues with the Lowrance GPS units and the GPS portions of the combo units. But their bottom machine units tend to work great. I personally have used my Lowrance bottom machine for years and it has been great. But I would not own one of their GPS products.

·
Registered
184 Posts
What are you wanting to use the unit for and what areas will you be using it at. I have had a Humminbird 997c Si for several years and can give you some advise that could potentially save you a lot of money. PM me with a little more detailed information.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts