Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For cheap entertainment I browse boats on Craigslist sometimes. I came upon one recently that was redirecting to a company called to YGraatlo, based in New York. The listed boat had an identical picture copied from Boat Trader but that boat wasn't listed anymore. The YGraato website says they sell their consignments on Ebay and Craigslist, which is baffling because those are nearly free websites. This company charges up to 15% of your sale price.

·
On a boat
996 Posts
They rarely, if ever put it on any sites that actually cost money to advertise on. Years ago I was selling a car and hired one of these services, that is how I found out that they are a total rip off.

The industry average consignment at a full service marina/sales operation like mine is 10% of sale price and we advertise on all of the main sites that cost money to place ads on like yachtworld, boattrader, boats.com, etc.. Plus we actually store the boat while listed for sale, show the boat to prospects, handle any potential trade-ins, arrange financing for buyer, handle payoffs of existing loans, do all the paperwork for the seller, handle sea trials, handle surveys/mechanical inspections, basically everything start to finish on a boat sale.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
They called me a few days ago about my boat. I hung up on them. I should have hung up when I saw it was from New York.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,937 Posts
They called me a few days ago about my boat. I hung up on them. I should have hung up when I saw it was from New York.
You answer calls from New York City?? You get your salsa there too?

·
Bearded Brotula
14,937 Posts
Unfortunately in my line of work, I take calls from all parts of the globe.
I get more folks from Illinois, New York, Oregon and California these days. Everyone wants to flee.

Reactions: jwilson1978
1 - 7 of 7 Posts