Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're thinking of taking our 4-yo son to see them, but it's been a LONG time since I've been to NAS Pensacola. One thing we were thinking of doing to beat the crowds would be to just go in the boat to the Intercoastal near Johnson's Beach. Can you see (most of) the show there? (enough for a 4 year old anyway?). We don't want to stay too long (no more than a couple hours) because he's going to get bored with it anyway.

Any suggestions? Any of you going?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
we went last yr and we left late at around 12 I think... It took about an hour or so to get parked.... The good thing about being on Base, you can go inside some of the airplanes and so fourth... they also have the helo show and I know you cant see that from the water... I think we're going Friday..

·
Praedator
9,978 Posts
If taking your son, make it a point to go on base and let him walk around to see all the static displays. It'sa lot better show when your on base too. There is not really a good spot on the water to see everything that goes on.

Arrive early and have patience. Bring your chairs and blanket and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
static displays won't be what they have been in the past.

last year there was about 65 static's on the line, this year will

be around 30-35. still not a definite number yet.

·
Praedator
9,978 Posts
brnbser (11/5/2007)static displays won't be what they have been in the past.

last year there was about 65 static's on the line, this year will

be around 30-35. still not a definite number yet.
Why the drop????? Did the commercial guys back out this year. I remember last year they had a huge Fedex cargo plane you could go through.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
FEDEX and Delta will both be there again this year, themajority of the statics not coming in are military.as for the reason for the drop, that'ssomething I really can't discuss but it can easily be explained by saying with the cost of the on-going war and price of fuel doing it's imitation of a rocket blast off.........

·
Registered
461 Posts
Myself, son whitie9688 and 17 y/o daughter will be there saturday.

Daughter scheduled for her solo flight sunday.:clap

·
Registered
404 Posts
like dad said, we will be there...

i think the static is smaller this year due to size! i mean ya the ramp is huge but if they really bring in all the stuff they have shown on the web site http://www.naspensacola.navy.mil/mwr/current/airshow/airshow.htmits gonna be good!

deltas 757, a C-5, a stratotanker, all the helicopters they have lined up... no matter what its gonna be a HUGE display!!

yall dont forget about the firework/pyro shows and some planes flyin friday night!

im gonna try to get some pics up close of the planes at work this week and ill be sure to post them on here! gonna be a fun weekend!

WELCOME HOME BLUES

·
Registered
690 Posts
We'll be there Saturday. I'll probably watch the show from the Home Depot chalet, but will be walking around before and after. I'll be the one with the perpetual Miller Lite in his hand:doh:doh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts