Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Videographer
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone from Pensacola fishes the local springs.....mostly intrested in Morrison, or Merritts mill pond in Jackon co.

I would like to shoot some video for World Fishing Network and would like any info I can get, or preferably a fishing buddy.
Your catch could be seen worldwide!!!:thumbup:
Please pm me or visit my website at www.firefishvideo.com

Thanks , Scott Bartel

PS: I would also be intrested in any other unique fishing spots you could suggest.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I don't know how far you want to travel but I like the Big Bend area. I may be a little biased because I fished there when I was at the marine lab. I'm not sure when I can get away to go again but hopefully by fall. You would knock them off their butts if you could get a video of the sturgeon jumping in the Suwanne River. LOL

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'd really rather you didn't film either one of those springs! You happened to pick 2 of my favorites to kayak on and do a bit of fishing. If you film how nice those areas are and show them on a world wide basis, I can see hundreds of out of towners showing up with all sorts of gear and boats to fish and generally trash these beautiful springs. That is what usually happens when the "outsiders" come in for a weekend and then leave. There are beer cans, plastic trash, and other crap left in their wake for the locals to clean up.

It may sound selfish but I would rather you kept it quiet and let us enjoy those areas while we still can. Once the Gulf is closed off from end to end, there will be enough people scouting around for other places to boat and fish. That will be the end of many of the nice freshwater lakes and springs unless we learn to pick up after ourselves.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Many of the springs in Florida have already been found. I used to love diving in Peacock, Morrison and several springs that I have forgotten the names. Ichetucknee is not what it used to be when we could snorkle the river with a tank and then dive the jug. Last time I was there the grass blades were coated with junk from agriculture run off and probably junk from that cement plant. For a while there was a moratorium on diving it. Developers in the last 25 years have found a lot of the private property in central Florida where no one cared if you put on a tank and explored. At least the state has made some into parks. So Framerguy I guess I agree that it would be nice to keep what little is left a secret but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Videographer
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you google Merritts Mill pond.. there are already sites, ( private and government) that tout the bass fishing there. I Don't think it's a secret, and as for morrison, last time I was over there I had to wade through hundreds of locals to even get into the water.
I'm a diver as well, and I do think these sould be preserved, but I don't think its the people traveling from far away that are the danger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts