Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I plan on fishing both days this weekend. Been hanging out in the flats by the JB canoe ramp and not seeing much. That being said, looking for something new. Haven't done Big Lagoon yet. Not sure if I want to drive all the way to Pickens unless we can cross the ICW to get over there.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Btw, nothing but Ladyfish this evening in those flats. Hooked onto one and the rest spit the hooks. Funny though as I have zero success with DOA stuff. The minute I threw in a $13 Yozuri shrimp I started getting hits. May have to buy the minnow now...

·
Registered
332 Posts
The surf looks too rough for offshore fishing this weekend (for me). I've been wanting to try Big Lagoon. I wouldn't use that $13 lure on ladyfish, cause they cause a lot of break-offs. Maybe we could get a few folks to meet up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Btw, nothing but Ladyfish this evening in those flats. Hooked onto one and the rest spit the hooks. Funny though as I have zero success with DOA stuff. The minute I threw in a $13 Yozuri shrimp I started getting hits. May have to buy the minnow now...
I agree. That Yozuri shrimp is a ladyfish magnet!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Big Kidney I like putting in the ramp on 98 and Dog Track. Before the rain you could kill the specks there. I went yesterday and only caught 1. I'll be going Friday afternoon/evening somewhere on this side of town. I haven't tried around big lagoon yet but i'd be willing.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Big Kidney I like putting in the ramp on 98 and Dog Track. Before the rain you could kill the specks there. I went yesterday and only caught 1. I'll be going Friday afternoon/evening somewhere on this side of town. I haven't tried around big lagoon yet but i'd be willing.
I am down for that on Friday. Plan on fishing all weekend and would love to tag along with anyone willing to show some spots in the area.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My number is 2O5 363 1O99. I'm suppose to play golf in the afternoon, but I'll go after that. I'm only playing the par 60 course on NAS so it shouldn't take long.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I work at the Naval Hospital but have to run back to the Key to grab my boat. Should be done and able to leave about 1430-1500. I'll give you a ring.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts