Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. We was ridin down cemetery rd around noon and they was tucked off on the side said they was eating lunch idk but i got a warning cuz I didn't see the part about the guest permit on the quota hunt I thought u was able to have someone with u as long as u have ur paper but apparently not. Did any of yall run into em today?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wasn't out there at all today...but I am glad to see that they are there! Wish I knew about closed roads and people driving down them. Tired of walking into areas and trucks being down where they shouldn't be!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasn't out there at all today...but I am glad to see that they are there! Wish I knew about closed roads and people driving down them. Tired of walking into areas and trucks being down where they shouldn't be!
Dang fink I havnt seen any of that but yea that ain't right. You gonna be out there tommorow? They sayin 20s for tommorow night

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I didn't hunt yesterday or today but I see FWC out in BW all the time. I'm glad they're out there.

They've even helped me out when my starter crapped out on me all of a sudden one day down a sandy road by hooking up a strap and pulling me so I could pop the clutch and get going.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Not tomorrow ...may not get out this weekend at all. I have seen it a bunch this year man...ready to start my chainsaw and block the closed roads off myself! I actually had a guy ask me if this was the first year I hunted this "section"...I said nah...been hunting here about 20 years...well we started bunting here last year...WTF?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Had somebody do the same to us Fink. Parked and walked about half a mile down a closed road and when we got to the end here comes some a-hole. He was really friendly and asked was that our truck back there and were we hunting. I was like naw we just practicing walking half a mile carrying our stands and wearing camo carrying a rifle...during hunting season

·
Super Moderator
29,534 Posts
Got a chainsaw ready? I am ready to fix this crap.
They've been diggin up lighter stumps from areas all over 4 to place on these roads James.....I saw em out planting the tree's on 4 just west on Munson Hwy....

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I agree about the closed roads but if i walk a mile in there u can bet your ass im driving in there if i kill one
I bought a deer cart for that reason, it has paid for itself. It's still illegal even if there's a dead deer at the end of the road, and not excusable. Just cause your in a hurry doesn't mean you can run a red light. The laws are in place for a reason.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I bought a deer cart for that reason, it has paid for itself. It's still illegal even if there's a dead deer at the end of the road, and not excusable. Just cause your in a hurry doesn't mean you can run a red light. The laws are in place for a reason.
I agree! My cart has payed for itself 10 fold!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
It doesn't matter if anyone is down it or not, it's closed to vehicular traffic. That's the problem people just think they are above the law.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It doesn't matter if anyone is down it or not, it's closed to vehicular traffic. That's the problem people just think they are above the law.
And let me guess you never speed or break any traffic laws? if u get caught on a closed rd its only a ticket. im not gonna drive my truck down a closed rd unless its a good walk in to recover a deer and at that point a ticket would be fine with me.But for some dumbass to tell me i think im above the law is bs 90% of the rds in bw were closed for no damn reason and had vehicles driving down them daily before so i dont see what the big deal is if i drive down it to recover a deer and make my life a little easier.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
rules? what rules, I don't need no stinkin rules
popcorn anyone ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts