Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has purchased this cadillac of a bow and what set up they put on it. Father's Day is just around the corner and I am trying to narrow down my gift!:letsdrink

·
Registered
133 Posts
Caspr21 (3/8/2010)Just wondering if anyone has purchased this cadillac of a bow and what set up they put on it. Father's Day is just around the corner and I am trying to narrow down my gift!:letsdrink
no but i would like to shoot one!

·
Registered
771 Posts
The word I am getting is that if you shoot one, you will own one. Said to be an awesome shooting, and very smooth drawing bow. I can't wait to shoot/own one!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
imkilroy (3/8/2010)The word I am getting is that if you shoot one, you will own one. Said to be an awesome shooting, and very smooth drawing bow. I can't wait to shoot/own one!
That is very very true.

Shot one in Columbus Ga. the last week of December and it is some kind of fine. I would own one today, but have a real hard time with buying a Mathews. Sweet shooting FAST.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I know that the Z7 is the bow that is getting all of Mathews advertising but, the Monster 7 is a better shooting bow than the Z7. The straight riser creates a much more forgiving shooting platform than the extreme reflexed riser of the Z7. It has much less susceptible to side to side torque and a far better balanced bow than the Z7. Look at the riser geometry of the target (accuracy) oriented Conquest Triumph and compare it to the Monster 7 and Z7... Which two look more similar to each other?

The Monster 7 cams are just as smooth as the Z7 and are 10fps faster to boot.

It's isn't quite as quiet as the Z7 but it excels in all other aspects.

The Monster 7 is not to be confused with the Monster or Monster XLR8 which are far from good shooting bows IMO.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,575 Posts
Shot one before I blew my shoulder out. It is a sweet shooting bow.It's the only bow I have shot thathas beensmoother to shoot than my LX. Saying that I just ordered a Monster7 with 60lb limbs and 29" draw today. Should be here in about 4 weeks or so. If I don't like it I'm going to a Z7. I've read good reviews on both. Being I'm planning on shooting at 55lbs or lessI wentfor the bow with a little more speed. I'm hopingwith a 380 orso grainarrow I'll be in the 285-295fps. Shouldkeep me at1 pin to 30yds +.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Caspr21 (3/8/2010)Just wondering if anyone has purchased this cadillac of a bow and what set up they put on it. Father's Day is just around the corner and I am trying to narrow down my gift!:letsdrink

You ain't a dad yet bro!!!:poke

·
Registered
396 Posts

Oh yea... U can't forget about Mother's Day! And that "Push Gift" too!!!:clap

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Barry Cole (3/8/2010)
If I get it before mother's day........................i will let her shoot it once as her gift:moon

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,575 Posts
Caspr21 (3/9/2010)
Barry Cole (3/8/2010)

If I get it before mother's day........................i will let her shoot it once as her gift:moon
I would re-think that! I've heard alimony and child support sucks!

I've spent enough on "push" gifts to rig out a couple of Z7's! What's the ol' Ron White joke??? "Diamonds, that'll shut her up"! Lol.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Grassflatsfisher (3/9/2010)
Caspr21 (3/9/2010)
Barry Cole (3/8/2010)

I've spent enough on "push" gifts to rig out a couple of Z7's! What's the ol' Ron White joke??? "Diamonds, that'll shut her up"! Lol.

Yeah, ol Barry Cole is doing a fine job of dropping those little "push presents" idea's into her head!:poke

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,575 Posts
Caspr21 (3/9/2010)
Grassflatsfisher (3/9/2010)
Caspr21 (3/9/2010)
Barry Cole (3/8/2010)

Yeah, ol Barry Cole is doing a fine job of dropping those little "push presents" idea's into her head!:poke

Yea, I'd like to kick whomever told my wife about push presents in the mouth. Cost me an arm and a leg!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have been shooting a Switchback XT for the past 4 years and didnt think that i would ever find a bow as smooth and quiet as the XT but the Z7 has both plus SPEED....Ive been working w/ Pat up at Mikes Gun shop the past few weeks picking out all of the rightstuff for my new Z7 ( he had to be very patient w/ me ) and this is what we came up w/ ....

28/70 Z7

black gold 5 pin

rip cord drop away

T5 quiver

Jager Custom grip

axion stabilizer

poorboy wrist sling

27" goldtip ultralite pro 400

super smooth - dead silent - 308 fps

big thanks to Pat! :clap

he took a lot of time to get this thing just like i wanted it.. cant wait to stick smothin now!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats pretty sweet...................Pat has been pretty patient with me as well and I think our bows are set up close to the same. I havent made the decision on arrows yet.........jury is still out

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,575 Posts
Nice rig! 308fps is smokin! Let us know how you like those GT ultralites. I shot them several years ago and had bad luck with them breaking. I was very dissapointed in them. I did see those new Lee and Tiffany arrows and they look pretty good. May go with the version that doesn't have their name plastered on them to save a few $.

I found out that my Monster 7 shipped yesterday. May have it this weekend. I can't wait. I think I may go with a QAD drop away. I love my whisker bisquit though! Otherwise I'm keeping my copper john sight and my current stabilizer. I'll probably keep shooting my easton axis arrows. I'm hoping to be in the high 280-290fps at 55-58lb draw weight.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts