Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend convinced me to try it out. I want to get rich quick so I said sure!! I'm doing real good at turning a small amount of cash into an even smaller amount of cash...:001_huh:

I dont think I have the nerves to play the stock market...but now I'm stuck and through my research I now know I'm what's called a "bag holder" haha!

·
eating tasty
3,730 Posts
The Lion.com forum has some pretty good advice on short term stocks if you follow the gurus on there. I’ve been watching their advice for a while and most has been decent. Still haven’t bit.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Very similar to when you get your first boat and start trying to catch fish and realize it isn't so easy you have 3 choices.

Burn gas learning on your own.

Sell out and do something else.

Hire an expert and learn from what they do.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Yes, i use robinhood for stocks.. i really enjoy it but mostly look at it as gambling. it saves me the drive to biloxi...im actually doing ok at it, with a 10% gain so far this year. I look for well known companys that take big hits on earnings calls and stuff like that, and then sell on the rebound. I dont hold anything very long..i make a quick 15-20% and get out and wait for it to dip again...But take my advice for what its worth..if i really knew what i was doing i would be in a hammock in the bahamas and not on the fishing forum from my office!

·
Registered
12,715 Posts
Or...research and buy only a few different digital currencies. My gains have been fantastic...but not near what they are gonna be.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
And just a shameless plug..if anybody wants to sign up for robinhood its completely free and if you use this referal code Ill get a free stock, and you will get a free stock. No BS, just a free stock

https://share.robinhood.com/mikeh917

Reactions: BlaineAtk

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
And just a shameless plug..if anybody wants to sign up for robinhood its completely free and if you use this referal code Ill get a free stock, and you will get a free stock. No BS, just a free stock

share.robinhood.com/mikeh917
I was going to do this same thing lol how about a little friendly competition

Here is my link:

Your free stock is waiting for you! Join Robinhood and we’ll both get a stock like Apple, Ford, or Facebook for free. Sign up with my link.

https://share.robinhood.com/blainea35

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Heroin is where it's at ! Guaranteed returned costumers lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Unless the new batch is cut with fentanyl, can damn near follow a dealer in his route around town some days follow the respiratory/cardiac arrests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried to wrap my head around bitcoin...it wont fit. I did buy some DOGECOIN!! $.0033 cents a share. Yesterday I was up a whole dime, then it crashed to a negative dime...dumb. that whole scene is very volatile, I can see how money can be made but dang its second to second. Lose signal for a second and you might go backwards.

I hold what I "think" are ok cheap.stocks with some promise of rising, bu they haven't started to yet!!

·
Registered
12,715 Posts
I tried to wrap my head around bitcoin...it wont fit. I did buy some DOGECOIN!! $.0033 cents a share. Yesterday I was up a whole dime, then it crashed to a negative dime...dumb. that whole scene is very volatile, I can see how money can be made but dang its second to second. Lose signal for a second and you might go backwards.

I hold what I "think" are ok cheap.stocks with some promise of rising, bu they haven't started to yet!!
You can’t day trade with digital currencies. Well, you can, but the real money is in the hold. You have to buy it and sit tight. In 2 months I have doubled my investment into Bitcoin.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Now I'm gonna have to look into this Robin hood stuff. I cant get on board with digital currency yet. I only believe in one thing that I cant see. Cant go 2 for 2 on that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
574 Posts
As has been stated day trading takes a lot of time and discipline. You are usually dealing with volatile stocks and playing the swings. There is a thread on THT called stock options traders etc in the dockside chat section that has some really savvy guys talking on it and I have learned a ton from them. I started about two years ago with a "play money" account on etrade. I used them because my wife had had an account with them years ago and knew the platform. I did fairly well riding some stocks up and down. I made around 50% profit the first year. Took a big hit after the mid terms but that has fully recovered and I am back where I was before. I have recently got away from day trading and moved into more methodical investing with dividend stocks and mutual funds. I still have a couple of stocks that I follow but it takes a lot of time to stay on top of it. I recently opened a premium savings account with them which was easy since I had the trading account. The savings account pays 2.1% interest which is better than any local bank I could find. There are several good sites to learn what you are doing, tons of info on youtube. Seeking alpha is one that I see quoted a lot. Good luck!

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
This week has been a crash course in interpreting internet advice. So far, I'm mostly a sucker, not a total loss yet but they ain't gonna be making no movies about my stock market prowess.
In college i had an economics class and ended up buying /investing $20,000 in the market, almost tripled my money in less than 6 months. To bad it was pretend money, which was really easy to be brave with!

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In college i had an economics class and ended up buying /investing $20,000 in the market, almost tripled my money in less than 6 months. To bad it was pretend money, which was really easy to be brave with!
In middle school I was on the winning team for some district wide stock market contest. We all picked stocks we thought would do well and watched them for months. We picked "Reno air", because it was winter time and with hot weather coming, the stock would surely go up since people need AC....research complete lol!! Turns out it was an airline, but we still got a ribbon or something.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
A friend convinced me to try it out. I want to get rich quick so I said sure!! I'm doing real good at turning a small amount of cash into an even smaller amount of cash...:001_huh:

I dont think I have the nerves to play the stock market...but now I'm stuck and through my research I now know I'm what's called a "bag holder" haha!
We must have had the same friend once.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Been using it for a couple years now. I day traded for a year or so. Got bored of keeping up with it. I'm probably 90% in dividends now. I am glad they opened up to bitcoin, and litecoin ect. I just cashed out my coin base account. One stop shopping. Dogecoin started as a joke and now a market value of 60 million $.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts