Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for one that I can carry about four Plano boxes in and have room for some other stuff - like clothes, rain gear, etc. Thinking that a conventional backpack is the way to go as opposed to some of these fishing only packs for sale. Thoughts?

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I use a regular backpack and carry plenty of stuff. I usually use mine when I'm surf fishing and going to be walking good distances, fishing the jetties or wade fishing. I like some of the "fishing" backpacks, but they are more expensive and enable you to carry too much gear. I found that with the larger bags I carried way more crap than I needed and it got very cumbersome

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I use a regular backpack and carry plenty of stuff. I usually use mine when I'm surf fishing and going to be walking good distances, fishing the jetties or wade fishing. I like some of the "fishing" backpacks, but they are more expensive and enable you to carry too much gear. I found that with the larger bags I carried way more crap than I needed and it got very cumbersome
I agree. I can get carried away carrying much more than I actually need.

I use two. One is a normal back pack and the other is a Penn back pack. It is nice because it has a separate water proof compartment that is mildly insulated.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Sad thing is that I'd get out there and start digging through the bag shaking my head while wondering why I brought half of the crap I had

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I do. I have about 4 plano cases and put them in there. Nice b/c there are still pockets to throw keys, sun screen, snacks, etc. in. I used to just carry one of those fanny packs with one small case, but that was only enough room for casting type gear, which was perfect for when I was stationed in NJ. Here I find I do more stationary fishing, so need stuff like leaders, corks, and what-not.

The backpack works great b/c I can carry it and walk the shore casting. Or, if something happens to be running, I can open the pack and adjust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts