Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Is that the replacement for the old 710 that almost always in a combo rifle/scope form? If so, do your homework. I don't think that the 710 was all that great. Not sure how it shot, but it was Remington's lowest end gun. Made kinda cheap. If you could afford it, I would say spend a little extra and go with the mod. 700. Just one man's opinion.

I think that Savage has a great shooting gun out of the box. Haven't priced them lately, but they used to be very affordable. I shot one for years until some scalywag stole it out of my truck.

·
Registered
347 Posts
770 is a low level gun. for around 380.... i'd spend that much on the savage and get a 10x better gun but without the scope. If you want a combo for cheap i'd go with the Mossberg 100 ATR.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Like the other two replies, go with a Savage...very accurate right out of the box. I have the Savage model 111/ 270 cal. It has a detachable box magazine and the accu trigger is a nice feature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ihave a Rem. model 710. The 770 is an upgradeon my model. I love my gun. It shoots very well, the finish has held up well, and the stock is very durable.I got mine when they first came out a couple of years ago. The reason that I got one was because of the price. I am in college and it fit my price range perfectly. A gun is a gun--they all do what they are supposed to do--kill deer :) My advice is to by the best gun that you can afford for your price range and then splurge on the scope. Optics make the difference.For thescope gun combo, most times the scopes are pieces of junk. I took the scope off that came with my gun and used my old Buckmasters 3-9x40; then after a year ortwo, I upgraded to a Nikon Monarch 3.3-10x44. The scope made all the difference in the world. So to say all of that,don't rule out the 770. By what you can afford and then upgrade the scope.

just my 2 cents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts