Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody lose a nice custom cobia rod with 302 to a turtle the last week or so off pickens?

a friend hook some line that was on a trutle he threw on and reeled up a very nice custom rod with a mint condition 302 0n it. I figured it was somebodys baby, very nice rig. If this sounds familair put a post on here and if you can describe the rod it's yours, very unique.

·
Registered
502 Posts
RE: anybody lose a nice custom cobia rod with 302 to a turtle the last week or so off pickens?

AWOL (26/04/2010)a friend hook some line that was on a trutle he threw on and reeled up a very nice custom rod with a mint condition 302 0n it. I figured it was somebodys baby, very nice rig. If this sounds familair put a post on here and if you can describe the rod it's yours, very unique.
very nice gesture...

·
Super Moderator
29,276 Posts
RE: anybody lose a nice custom cobia rod with 302 to a turtle the last week or so off pickens?

That's a purty good catch!!!:toast

·
Registered
19 Posts

i believe its mine. can you pleeeeeeease give me a call ill describe it for you. my number is 8504854561. i appreciate it. and yes it is/ was my baby. thought i lost her for good.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts

Very cool of you to put in the effort to return it. :toast

Are you the AWOL with the Cape Horn named AWOL? I think it's a 21 with a tower...if so you got a nice looking ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yea, I've been up and down the beach a lot this year. It's a 24 with twin 150's. Crazy story how he lost it. Very lucky to ever see it again fo sho. Thanks to PFF!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts

There's gotta be a story behind that. Did you fall asleep, or set the hook so hard it jerked out of your hand?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

I bet the turtle is grateful also. That is just to wild. Well now maybe someone will find my brand new Costa's I lost in the drink a year ago.:D

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,988 Posts

We need the Paul Harvey on this story..... I can imagine some funny stuff here, but I bet it's pretty boring. In either case, we've just got to know!

·
Registered
170 Posts

Ok here is the story from start to finish, fisrt off, thank you for being an honest fisherman. We were on a 17ft cape horn. when we started out fishing it was nice (1 to 3ft maybe) then as the day goes on it gets a little rougher (4 to 6ft). Now we start heading back in. We had the rod laying on the back of the boat all day with an eel swimming in the buckett ready to throw at a cobe. Not even thinking we start running in and basically the rod bounced out of the boat. It happened really fast, we turn around and try to look for it but it was just to deep. Anyways, thank you AWOL for being the honest fisherman that you are.

·
Registered
34 Posts

First Class, boss. First Class

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

WOW, decent story. Glad the guy posted it on here to find the owner. Great character.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts