Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
What about debris, can you see well enough to spot it in the bay?
Not really, the bay is like chocolate milk. Despite watching for debris, we actually hit a 2x4 piece of what was likely dock decking coming up the Blackwater,(which is less stained than Escambia or Pcola bay), hit it square on the lower unit, scared the crap outta us. Fortunately it did not seem to do any obvious damage, but we didn't see it as it was waterlogged and barely floating apparently. cut a little split into it, maybe and inch deep, guess it hit the tapered 'sharp' part of the engine.

We picked up a wood chair floating in the waves as well, just because we didn't want anyone else to hit that too.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Not sure about Shoreline as the Optimist Fishing Rodeo is based out of there and is scheduled for this weekend.
Have not seen anything about it being rescheduled or not.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,949 Posts
I saw that. I went and took a look at it and is seemed relatively shallow. My boat has a 23 inch draft....do you think Woodlawn is feasible?
Launched the boat there today on high tide, good grief I had to back down the truck almost to the muffler pipe. Not going there again.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Launched the boat there today on high tide, good grief I had to back down the truck almost to the muffler pipe. Not going there again.
Yeah. I’m glad you got your boat out!! I drove a few days ago to check it out. I watched a gentleman back down to his exhaust for a pontoon and decided it wasn’t a good idea for me to launch a 28 ft CC there.

I wish they would delay the Optimist Rodeo a week or two. There no good deep water ramps open in GB.

·
Registered
12,894 Posts
Word out today is that Shoreline will open to city residents on Oct 10, and to the general public on Oct 17. I’m glad the original plan was abandoned. However, when the ferry dock is built, I’d expect the launch to re-close.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Wife shot a video, I'll see if I can get it uploaded. There was a jetski going through behind us, asking what our sonar was reading. Told her I'ma have to make a T-shirt that says 'I shot the Little Pensacola Pass'

EDIT: Not sure how to upload a video, doesn't seem to want to let me upload.
Videos won't upload many places to forums. Best bet is to upload to Youtube and then link it here. If you've never done youtube uploads there are super simple.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts