Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all. I live in Gulf Breeze and I’m itching to get in the water. I’m trying to avoid trailer across Garçon Point to get to Texar or trailering you FWB.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I do not know for sure but I heard Woodlawn Beach ramp was open. I am going to try in next week myself. Hopefully the debris will be less by then or at least be able to see it.

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
Perhaps 1 month for repairs. However, if the ferries operate from there, the launch will likely not open to the public.

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
I’m wondering if those land cuts into Ft. McRea are navigable.
Those land cuts have survived everything since 76 that I know of. Besides the tugs must be able to get through the North cut to deliver fuel for gulf power. The North cut will be open or it will be dredged. ASAP.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
The gf showed it to me, it was on FB. But yes they used two lulls and pushed the ferry back into the water.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I’m wondering if those land cuts into Ft. McRea are navigable.
The middle one was this morning, if you can navigate in 3 feet of water. I took my center console through the middle one with the engine trimmed real high, but it was with the tidal flow so minimal power was needed. Felt like I was floating a river rapid. The tide seemed pretty high this morning when we left out of Milton, so I don't know if it would remain navigable if the water were lower. But there was some pretty strong flow of water moving out of that thing this morning around late morning.

Wife shot a video, I'll see if I can get it uploaded. There was a jetski going through behind us, asking what our sonar was reading. Told her I'ma have to make a T-shirt that says 'I shot the Little Pensacola Pass'

EDIT: Not sure how to upload a video, doesn't seem to want to let me upload.

Reactions: Kamac

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Is the water cleaning up any at Johnson Beach?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Is the water cleaning up any at Johnson Beach?
The part we saw was pretty dingy, as it was also around Pensacola Beach but we were close to the Pass on both sides. We went out to 3 Barges and that was cleaner-looking as far as color goes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts