Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a reputable gunsmith in the Milton/Pace/Pensacola area?
I just got a new AR10 in .308 and it is having gas issues. I bought a JP G5 adjustable gas block but I guess I'm too stupid to install it properly, or just dont have the right tools

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,091 Posts
Go to the www.gulfcoastgunforum.com and look up Oneshot (JJ). Dang good smith and has his own range there at his place. He's up hwy 87N in Jay.

You need to open/turn the gas block adjustment a little with each shot until it functions as it should.If it's not ejecting, then ur gas block is adjusted all the way off. Just turn it to open the amount of gas coming thru it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to the www.gulfcoastgunforum.com and look up Oneshot (JJ). Dang good smith and has his own range there at his place. He's up hwy 87N in Jay.

You need to open/turn the gas block adjustment a little with each shot until it functions as it should.If it's not ejecting, then ur gas block is adjusted all the way off. Just turn it to open the amount of gas coming thru it.
I tried that process with 3 different ammo. One ammo never pushed the bcg back at all, and the other two only pushed it halfway back. This was testing until gas screw only had 3 threads left before falling out.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Make and model on AR10? If I bought a factory new rifle that wouldn't run it'd be going back to the manufacturer. Obviously it's undergassed, could be a few different things. Gas port not being big enough, gas block not aligned... could be a buffer issue as well? Rifle length spring in a carbine buffer tube? Hmmm... we need more details.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
So it would not run in stock form or it will not run now that you installed an adjustable gas block? If the factory gas port is too small then an adjustable gas block will not do anything to help. All it can do is restrict the gas more.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make and model on AR10? If I bought a factory new rifle that wouldn't run it'd be going back to the manufacturer. Obviously it's undergassed, could be a few different things. Gas port not being big enough, gas block not aligned... could be a buffer issue as well? Rifle length spring in a carbine buffer tube? Hmmm... we need more details.

Aero Precision M5E1. I bought their complete upper with 18" barrel and rifle length gas system. Bought their complete lower with rifle length receiver, fixed stock.

With original gas block it cycled "better", but still continuously got FTF, FTE, and double feed every shot or every other shot.

Tried different extractor and that didnt fix extraction issue, so I tried AGB and I must not have it aligned properly or like already said, the has port in my barrel is too small as is so all it does is restrict more gas flow

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I should have had it aligned enough...so maybe gas port on barrel needs to be enlarged?

·
Registered
507 Posts
There’s something else going on, gas isn’t your issue if the upper didn’t work to start with. I’d let one of the people mentioned above spend 15 minutes with it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There’s something else going on, gas isn’t your issue if the upper didn’t work to start with. I’d let one of the people mentioned above spend 15 minutes with it.
Thanks. I'm going to give Rumble Wepnz a call today because he is about 5 minutes from where I live

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Howard is a good dude, I'm sure he can figure it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts