Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem and would be grateful if somebody could spend a few minutes on the phone giving me a few answers to a few questions.....mine just clicks when I try to move it up &/or down.... trying to save some serious $$$ if possible....

Clint
501-1969

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Is it the actual switch your hearing clicking? Or have you checked both relays? They work sort of like a solenoid when closing the contacts. There will be 2, one for up and down. Start they're, also should be an inline 10-15 amp fuse somewhere under the cowling not far from the relays. What kind of motor??

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, looks like 1 problem created another in the process.... I have a 1986 tracker w/75hp Mercury and a short while back the motor raised itself while we were duck hunting. tried everything to get it to quit and eventually disconnected the battery. The 2 solenoids/relays are new, 2 of 3 trim switches are new and appears the problem is the throttle thumb trim switch which led to the motor burning out. so......, I'm hunting a new trim motor and throttle trim switch..... found a motor on amazon/ebay for $99... it appears by my internet search the switch never existed and cannot be replaced with oem or similar part without some engineering, imagine that.... Great appreciation for all that helped, especially Submariner who stopped by and help diagnose the issues..... great group of guys on here.... thanks...

Clint

·
Registered
438 Posts
there is a place in pensacola that sales new trim motors cheep think its called ARCO 1-800-722-2720

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Arco products by no means cheap, but the money one spends on an Arco product is money well spent.....trim motor about 8 months ago.....buy it online from another company, but Arco sends ships it out. Saved me about 40.00$
Whyme
Mako My Dayo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts