Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
eating tasty
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently learned how to weld this past weekend and made my first steel scultpure (to be sunk as a reef!) Now I have the itch bad, and would like to pick up a good used arc welder to goof around and learn with in my backyard, make some reefs, etc. Also, if anyone has any random scrap metal lying around they wouldn't mind selling/donating, or knows where I can get some, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

-Josh

·
Registered
335 Posts
For 35.00 a year you can come weld all the underwater sculptures you want with a top of the line mig welder and all the material you want as long as its going in the water for the fishes.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE FISHES MAN!

·
eating tasty
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me more details sir!! Who do I pay, when and where? I'm all for supporting the fishies, its one of my main motivations in all of this! I envision a giant underwater city filled with metal fish, trees, fish homes... it would be a fun place to dive and a great place to live if you are a snapper!

·
Registered
335 Posts
welcome home son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1007 west pine street next to allen williams seafood and Joey Pattis restaraunt. 2 red snappers on the sign and an American flag.

850-455-6465 RFRA HEADQUARTERS

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
:)...Haa haa...welcome home son...I love it! Hey Josh, I've been meaning to pay my dues and join too...they got a clubhose and everything. Coryphenas in it...lot a people on here. I got a mig welder too you know! We should join...I got a couple auto darkening helmets....and I know where to score scrap metal...on the commercial construction sites! rebar...I beams...we just need a trailer to haul it!

We can get some sweet dive spots!!!!!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have an old 27ft catamaran trailer that I would love to get out of my yard. Has a lot ofrust issueson the tounge section,but I think it would make a good foundation for a reef. It is over in Ft Morgan. You are welcome to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts