Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,504 Posts
Wharf Rat (11/24/2007)looked pretty rough out there to me.
Yesssir, trees were 3 to 4 ft. w/ a horrible undercurrent of briars:doh:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

Just got home from the woods, saw 2 rear ends flagging me whenI was walking in and nothing else the whole night....Mosquitoes still out after all these days of cold:doh:banghead:doh

·
Registered
12,856 Posts
Since it was a full moon, I waited till noon to get into the woods. Eglin. Sat in a tree for 30 minutes then had a young doe dance around my tree for 30 minutes. Man I love Scent-Loc. Nothing else but tree rats and terrible mosquitos. I spent the last hour swatting bugs until I got so fed up I got outof the tree. Sure wish I had this hunt 3 weeks ago. Would be cleaning a deer right now.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Had two deer feeding right behind the house just after dark last night - got out the (red) varmint light, and 1 of them looked like a decent racked buck. There were bedded about 50 yards behind the house at 5:00 am when I got up, so I snuck out early this morning, tried to circle around and get downwind but no luck. Maybe I'll set up for them this afternoon before the rains come in.

After the little walk behind the house, went to a neighbors place where I had a food plot all summer and fall (Iron and Clay Peas) - got a feeder set up in the middle of the plotand deer are coming pretty regular to it. Set up the feeding doe decoy, and climbed into a little brush blind.

About 7:15, had four deer come out of the woods really nervous. They took one look at the doe decoy, and immediately relaxed and started feeding. Unfortunately, they were all does - but I enjoyed watching them feed for about 20minutes. Got a feeling the deer will be cruising and feeding a lot of the morning before this front. Maybe the "boss" will let me get back out there after the Honey-Do's are finished.

Ed

·
Registered
439 Posts
murphyslaw (11/25/2007)
Ithaca37 (11/24/2007)Same with the mosquitos. Had to use bug repellant, which probably accounted for my lack of deer.
Get you a thermacell. Those things work good, can even bring it on the boat with ya for no-see-ems "SP". http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4242368[/quote]

Exactly, no scent at all, and the refills for them are in the same area as the curling Irons, do not buy the ones in the hunting section, they are 3 times the price for the exact same thing.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
my brother and i hunted today. he saw 5 including a little basket rack this morning. he ended up shooting a doe. i saw 2 bobcats crossing the creek on a old tree but no deer this morning and i saw a nice long beard this afternoon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts