Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble getting ahold of the right person to pick up prizes from the Flora Bama rodeo this year.

Their awards ceremony ended up being the second day of fishing for the Pensacola fishing rodeo so I couldn't go to the awards ceremony.

My buddy called a day or two after and they told him that they didn't have the stuff sorted out which doesn't make sense because they had it sorted for the awards. Maybe they picked whatever was left and stuffed it a room or something, I'm not sure.

I drove out there on Sunday and talked to someone in the gift shop. She called a couple of different people and then told me that no one from marketing was there so no one could help me and I needed to contact them M-F 8-5.

I called today at 4:30 and pressed 8 for marketing. The phone just rang endlessly and didn't go to a machine.

The lady in the gift shop gave me a name, I think it was Michael Coats (Kotes?) but I don't have any way of getting ahold of him.

Anyone that won something in Flora Bama tournament want to share how they picked up stuff after the awards ceremony so I can use that process?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that but he hasn't been on here in a week so I don't think he checks the forum much. I posted on their FB page and someone posted back to call him in the morning.

Come to find out today that my buddy drove out there again today before 5 but everyone had left early and he couldn't get our stuff either.

Maybe tomorrow...

·
Super Moderator
19,675 Posts
I thought of that but he hasn't been on here in a week so I don't think he checks the forum much. I posted on their FB page and someone posted back to call him in the morning.

Come to find out today that my buddy drove out there again today before 5 but everyone had left early and he couldn't get our stuff either.

Maybe tomorrow...

If you send him a PM he will get an email notification. Worth a shot, just saying.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We got it settled out. Unknown to me at the time of posting, my friend drove out there again to try and talk to someone about getting the prizes and again no one was around that was involved with the tournament. This was like 4pm during the week. He called today and someone from Flora Bama got the prizes and delivered them to his work so we are good.

Had a good time with the tournament. It was a shame that the weather was bad on the original weekend but they did the best they could by postponing it.

It wasn't me but someone won a 22 Contender so hey, that is an awesome prize! Looking forward to it next year if it happens again.

I don't seriously trout fish but I do think they need to implement some boundaries for next year to address that situation because I think having people fish that far away diminishes the tournament as a whole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts