Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOUND IT ON EBAY. $24-500M 100LB. wondering if it would be worth ordering. it is coming from hong kong. free shipping. so whatdo you think? Joey

·
Registered
147 Posts
What tackle store you shopping at to get that for $34..... cant hurt to try for $24 ive used it but it was nowhere near that cheap. Pretty good stuff though.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I ordered that exact spool ofblue 100# High Seasfrom Ebay b/c it was cheap at ~.05c/m. It took a couple of weeks to arrive & it's still sitting on the shelf, but I'm sure I'll use it eventually. It doesn't look or feel as smooth as some of the other more expensive brands, but it was ~1/2 the price...

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i think i'm gonna try it. i'll be using it for bottom fishing so maybe it will work. thanks for the input. anybody else. Joey

·
Registered
158 Posts
well Im not going to get into the "spend more to support the local guys" debate. but if the line is not as smooth woulnt itdig into the guides easier while fishing?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep..

I have that same line on most of my reels in various weights. I have been using and selling it for over a year. That is the Japanese version of Dyneema or Spectra. Both names are interchangeable. They are exactly the same product. All dyneema or spectra starts out white. It is the finishing and the dyeing that makes the difference. The Japanese has gotten pretty good with it and now the Chinese are jumping in the market with their product. They are not quite there yet but are getting very close. Prices will be falling even lower as more manufacturers jump in and the market continues to shrink. You will notice that line fade much faster than a branded American product but it will still catch fish with any of them. In fact try just pulling it through your fingers...the die comes off pretty easily. I ordered a 1200 yard spool of 200 lb today for myself. It was around $150.00. The same line locally sells for right at $400.00 for a 500 yard spool...at least it did at the one place I called. The initials for the store was a J and an M. Hope someone finds some value in these random bits of useless trivia...

Ronnie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts