Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
Great get off me guns. Accurate about as far as you can piss in the wind.
^^^^^^^^^ this, but I'm sure someone is shooting cans at fifty yards with theirs....

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ this, but I'm sure someone is shooting cans at fifty yards with theirs....
I got the Mag version and I guess if someone had you by the throat it would work but you have a better chance of hitting someone if you threw it at them if they are more then 5 feet away.lol:shifty:

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
The 22 mag with solid bullets offers great penetration, even through bone. Do your part by putting the bullets where they are supposed to be - and it can be a devastating and deadly cartridge, even from the short barrel of the NAA.

For a deep cover firearm for use at "bad breath" distance, the 22 Magnum mini isn't a platform to discount or make fun of... It can be very deadly.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a convertible and use it often. It isn't going to drive any tacks at 50 yards or even 5 yards for that matter, but it is perfect for what I use it for. I use the .22 LR cylinder with CCI shot shells for snakes in the yard and I use the .22 Magnum for pocket carry gun. Like said above though, the .22 Magnum is pretty deadly at the "bad breath" range and the shot shells work well up to about 6 feet. They are very well built little guns though and well worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
266 Posts
They are dangerous up to a mile and a half.(read the box of ammo). They do have bad triggers, or at least the ones I have had.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The 22 mag with solid bullets offers great penetration, even through bone. Do your part by putting the bullets where they are supposed to be - and it can be a devastating and deadly cartridge, even from the short barrel of the NAA.

For a deep cover firearm for use at "bad breath" distance, the 22 Magnum mini isn't a platform to discount or make fun of... It can be very deadly.
No denial about the .22mag round, I love it. I even bought a PMR30 twice instead of the FN57 because after doing several penetration tests I couldn't justify the cost of the pistol or ammo.

I guess the trigger is the biggest complaint I have about mine. Miles has another version of it that is way cool. It has a 3.5 inch octagon barrel and a western looking revolver grip. I bet that thing is nice and accurate. Only $20 more the the other too.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
It will kill someone as quick or quicker than half the stuff people carry. Ive personally seen a shooting victim from one of these and he didnt survive.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have carried the same one in my pocket for over ten years as a back-up to my back-up. It's not the first thing I'm gonna reach for, but I would sure rather have it if I needed it. If one was pulled on me and cocked in my direction, I wouldn't stop and think about the fact that it is "only" a little .22. I'm probably gonna stop what I'm doing and look for something else to do.

I knew a fella years ago that shot a man dead right in the chest with one. It can be just as deadly as any other weapon out there.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I like mine especially when you can't wear clothes enough to hide my other ccw. I always wear my shirts tucked in that is why I call it my summer time carry. It is just to get them off of you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like mine especially when you can't wear clothes enough to hide my other ccw. I always wear my shirts tucked in that is why I call it my summer time carry. It is just to get them off of you.
Yes, to get them off so I can get back to the vehicle.

·
Registered
569 Posts
According to the instructors of the civilian firearms course I took through Walton County Sheriffs Office, average conflict is less than 4ft....if you can jam a .22mag in some ribs and pull off a shot, bullet will pinball it's way though the body cavity making someone very unhappy and more than likely very dead...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I carry a .22 Mag NAA in my pocket a lot. They are nice and small and do not come out of battery when you shove them against your target. Coincidentally, that is about the extent of their accuracy.

I have several issues with the NAA .22 Mag:

1. The grip is about 1/2" too short. The grip could really use a square butt too.
2. The trigger is actually disguised as a sharp piece of metal that rakes the back of your fingers if you hold the gun with any firmness. I would recommend taking a grinder and actually smoothing down the hook side of the trigger. Or, if you are fishing...use the gun as a fishing lure and let the fish bite the trigger...then pull them to the surface.
3. The sights are worthless and should have been shaved off to reduce the amount of metal consumed in the production of these firearms.
4. The cylinder should swing out and tap empty. The overall increase in size and weight of the gun would have been minimal, but the gun would have been significantly more functional. As it stands, these guns are not fast to reload. You remove the shaft, remove the cylinder, poke the rounds out, reload...reverse. Getting the cylinder back in involves partially cocking the hammer while using both of your other hands to align the parts again.

I would still carry this gun over most or all of the semi-auto .22/.25/etc. pistols. And I would take one over the bonded arms derringers as well. While .45 is nice...two shots in the same size as a 6 shot 9mm (at half the weight) is a waste of space.

Either load this gun with .22 mag or bird shot.

::UPSIDE:: This gun is small enough to hide in ANY article of clothing you might be wearing...and under a fat roll or armpit if you aren't wearing anything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
According to the instructors of the civilian firearms course I took through Walton County Sheriffs Office, average conflict is less than 4ft....if you can jam a .22mag in some ribs and pull off a shot, bullet will pinball it's way though the body cavity making someone very unhappy and more than likely very dead...
.22 mag isn't too far off from the sectional density and velocity of the .223/.556 NATO.

If you are shooting something with this at point blank range...that thing is having a bad day.

Keep in mind that a NAA revolver will not bolster your command presence in the same way a shotgun or rifle would. Most people that are going to want to do you harm have learned everything they know about guns from watching TV and movies. This isn't the tool to use when hoping to establish compliance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have one in .22 magnum. I bought it because it looked cool and the price was good. I have carried it in the pocket at times. It is loud. Really loud.
Built well, and a fun little gun to shoot.
I like mine.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the convertible. The 22 mag is more accurate than the long rifle. Im talking 5 yards. Nearly no recoil in either case. This is my pocket tool when cutting the grass

·
Registered
86 Posts
.22 mag isn't too far off from the sectional density and velocity of the .223/.556 NATO.

If you are shooting something with this at point blank range...that thing is having a bad day.

Keep in mind that a NAA revolver will not bolster your command presence in the same way a shotgun or rifle would. Most people that are going to want to do you harm have learned everything they know about guns from watching TV and movies. This isn't the tool to use when hoping to establish compliance.
That's why I hold mine sideways. Gives me more street cred'.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts