Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With last year being so good and just getting word that it will open next week I was wondering if anyone has been over that way scouting yet. Or heard how this year will be. I will probbably be getting over that way next weekend. Just wondering if anybody has heard.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If I understood it correctly, they were talking about it on our local outdoor show and the report was reading the highest in quite a few years (likeREALLY good)

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Take your fishing license. Fish and Wildlife officers were checking licenses and scallop take last year at St. Marks. Also, when there is a lot of rain runoff like there was in July last summer, Port St. Joe Bay gets murky, therefore it is difficult to see the movement of scallops. At Cape San Blas there are several good places to walk out from shore. Look where the locals are parked. If you have a boat even better.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
JUST got Home from there a few hours ago , and we spoke with some Locals and YES the numbers are higher than previous years ... also the season starts this weekend :hungry ... we were out Fishing but we swam around in the grass beds and the Scallops were everywhere !! ... they were even swimming themselves up ONTO the shoreline near the parking lot , like I said , they were everywhere !! ... we were targeting Specks , Reds and Tripletails , but we didn't have the luck we had hoped for , DID catch a Cobia though , kinda neat :letsparty

·
Registered
249 Posts
Leaving tommorow afternoon to give it a shot. Reports sound great. We've always scalloped in Crystal River and Steinhatchee. This is our first trip in Apalachicola. I'll post some results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts